Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod_images/zoom/PDS010009384.jpg

France' new shirt is out these days.. English people won't be too keen on that probably but it looks good and it would look even better with BEN ARFA 10 on the back!

What sort of material is that? Looks a bit....heavy. :undecided:

Heard he has a clause to break the contract if we don't make the CL this year with Liverpool being interested to take over if we fail to qualify.

"Heard?" Made up more like.

Ya coz Liverpool is far likelier to make it to the CL than us...oh wait they are below us in the league!  :lol:

Heard he has a clause to break the contract if we don't make the CL this year with Liverpool being interested to take over if we fail to qualify.

Same source as the 'Larsson signing for £500k'?

Guest bmoregeordie

We're absolutely expecting too much. A return to form immediately is unlikely. I hope he is eased back, and provides us with an offensive spark at half or 60' in for the first few matches.

..and his agents will have a glossy brochure out marketing him if we do?

On the expectation thing, yeah perhaps we're pinning our hopes a bit on this guy. But it's a weird transfer / situation, i can't remember one quite like it.

We've spent major cash in the past on star players, but HBA doesn't fall into that category. Yet he excited us fans as much as any signing in recent memory. I'm 34, a bit too old to have a "favourite player" but i genuinely want ben arfa to become a geordie legend. I can't explain why.

Maybe it's related to the circumstance he arrived at the club, i don't know. That said, this thread was about 200 pages long before he even landed at the airport. (the first time) Which shows how much we wanted him. Like i said, bizarre situation.