Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

God...it seems like only yesterday this whole transfer saga was happening. 

Sad, but I remember waking up, checking the thread and seeing that he was off to Werder one morning...I was gutted.

Then the night he flew into Newcastle airport. 

If we were one of the 'big' teams in the Prem still, this stuff would've been frapped over by SSN all summer.

Anyone think we're going to expect too much from him? Not only in terms of the injury but by how little we've actually seen of him in this league. He looks a really exciting player but I hope people don't expect him to transform us into a top side on his own.

I certainly think we'll not see the best of him this year, given it will take him a good number of games to recover fitness and sharpness. Next year will be more of an acid test to see if he's over this injury.

Anyone think we're going to expect too much from him? Not only in terms of the injury but by how little we've actually seen of him in this league. He looks a really exciting player but I hope people don't expect him to transform us into a top side on his own.

I'm worried that might be the case, yea. The hype surrounding him on here is incredible, sure he did well in the short time he did play for us but his total game time only equated to about 2 matches. I think he will have some matches where he shines a way above everyone else, but I think some people might be expecting these to come too often, and he may go missing in a few games for us, as a lot of players of his style do. Still, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm still confused as to why HBA was so set on joining us rather than the other options he had. Since he's joined it's like he's finally got to play for his boyhood heroes as well. Not that I'm complaining, it's one of my favourite things about the signing.

This is where getting Ireland on loan would be brilliant. Get him in until May and just slowly ease Ben Arfa back into it.

Was about to say the same.

I'm still confused as to why HBA was so set on joining us rather than the other options he had. Since he's joined it's like he's finally got to play for his boyhood heroes as well. Not that I'm complaining, it's one of my favourite things about the signing.

Maybe he was inspired by Ginola and Robert? French, left-sided players.

I don't know either, my guess is that he's tired of the circus his career had become and always having too much expected of him. Maybe he's found a city that's about the right size for him, a dressing room that he feels comfortable in. Add to that 50,000 fans who will love him like their own, and you've got a pretty appealing package.

Maybe he's just not the sort of personality that revels in the biggest stage, Man Utd, Real Madrid etc. They might also have been wary of his character.

he did say he left marseille because he felt too much pressure to perform, perhaps hughton just told him to go out and play, probably one reason why i'd be more keen to play him up front that on the wing where he'd have defensive duties.

he did say he left marseille because he felt too much pressure to perform, perhaps hughton just told him to go out and play, probably one reason why i'd be more keen to play him up front that on the wing where he'd have defensive duties.

Aye, I prefer 4-4-2, but I think with a player like him then it would work with him in a free role behind the striker with four in the middle.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod_images/zoom/PDS010009384.jpg

France' new shirt is out these days.. English people won't be too keen on that probably but it looks good and it would look even better with BEN ARFA 10 on the back!

It's not fake.. already on sale on some retailers but I'm yet to see a place which allows to put a custom name on the back (apart frpom Zidane 10 and Ribery 22)..

It's the first Nike shirt for the FFF after a long relationship with adidas, so that's probably why they've swapped their traditional blue with the more 'italian' one..

Anyway, see what happens when you roll the sleeves..

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod_images/techspec/PDS010009384_1.jpg

THAT'S SOME COOL s***!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Almost certainly the case. Not only this thread, and the drama getting everyone's hopes racing, but the little glimpse of brilliance against Everton.