Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

Given the length of time he's been out, it's ludicrous to expect him to pull up trees this season. This season will be about getting back to playing on a regular basis. Any talk of him being the cornerstone of the team is ludicrous. He's lucky he can still play at all.

Given the length of time he's been out, it's ludicrous to expect him to pull up trees this season. This season will be about getting back to playing on a regular basis. Any talk of him being the cornerstone of the team is ludicrous. He's lucky he can still play at all.

Too much pressure and hope is being heaped on the lad.

You say he's lucky he can play at all, but can he? A pre season game against Darlington is hardly proof of that.

Will take a long while for him to get his confidence back. We've just got to hope he gets some involvement in October and can gradually get back to it from there.

Oh, you know him?

Ben Arfa need to get us 20 goals this season, or else...

He wont, but he's one hell of a player anyway.

I wish i shared your optimism.

He scored a cracker at Everton but did nowt against Stoke and Blackpool and has subsequently suffered 2 serious injuries which may seriously jeopardise his ability to play at the top level.

We're putting too much faith in the lad and should have signed another forward in the window.

Ben Arfa need to get us 20 goals this season, or else...

He wont, but he's one hell of a player anyway.

I wish i shared your optimism.

He scored a cracker at Everton but did nowt against Stoke and Blackpool and has subsequently suffered 2 serious injuries which may seriously jeopardise his ability to play at the top level.

We're putting too much faith in the lad and should have signed another forward in the window.

against stoke he got round the back and played ball back which, if we'd had players on the same wavelength , would have been very dangerous

Never mind the fans putting too much pressure on the lad, I think one of the prime reasons those clowns at the top thought "we'll go with what we've got" is because of Ben Arfa and plans to play him as a second striker. Far too much pressure on the lad but you just have to hope they know that he's well on his way back to recovery because quite frankly to expect a player who has been out for as long as Ben Arfa has been to come in and carry the can is ridiculous.

It's clear the footballing decisions are being made by people who know absolutely nothing about football. (stating the obvious)

If he's pencilled in for Wolve then you'd have to think it should be by the middle of the month. I think more realistically the Spurs game at home 2 weeks later if he's to return in October. Who knows though, it was clearly far worse than anyone had hoped and he'll need a good few games to get up to speed and get his confidence back. No doubt a fully fit, confident Ben Arfa will add something to the team that no other play we have can.

And probably because they'll be too much pressure on him to come back straight away and play a full part as opposed to easing him back in. The board decided to bring nobody in and go with what they've got so there'll be extra pressure on him to come back and perform straight away and when you do that you run the risk of a new injury.

If he's pencilled in for Wolve then you'd have to think it should be by the middle of the month. I think more realistically the Spurs game at home 2 weeks later if he's to return in October. Who knows though, it was clearly far worse than anyone had hoped and he'll need a good few games to get up to speed and get his confidence back. No doubt a fully fit, confident Ben Arfa will add something to the team that no other play we have can.

He was pencilled in to play Wolves at the end of last season as well and was no where to be seen.

I doubt we'll see him this decade never mind this season.

The looney negativity continues :lol:

I'm starting to think this too. He'll come back, play 3 more games, then PING hamstring gone.

Why would that happen then?  He's been put out by two terrible tackles, not by a Kieron Dyer like hamstring explosion.