Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Watching bits of the second half, that run before the Shola goal... he's going to draw so many players in around him. Gonna be great when we have Jonas, Marveaux and Cabaye all running off him.

I think there was a notable off the ball difference after he came on yesterday. I think the most unfortunate thing, as has been said, is that our own players were mesmerised by it as well as the Spurs players. Before Shola's goal, he had 4 players closing him down and nobody making a run near him, it's a bit of give and take. I suppose in a way it's a flattering sign that they think he can do it all on his own.

I think there was a notable off the ball difference after he came on yesterday. I think the most unfortunate thing, as has been said, is that our own players were mesmerised by it as well as the Spurs players. Before Shola's goal, he had 4 players closing him down and nobody making a run near him, it's a bit of give and take. I suppose in a way it's a flattering sign that they think he can do it all on his own.

It has been the case with Jonas at times and it certainly is now with Cabaye. Opposition teams target them because they know what threat they pose when given space. Cabaye yesterday and in the first half vs Blackburn was marked out of the game. Playing all three of them will make that sort of tactical approach impossible. Should be good to watch for us.

Guest mimifrench

There is a video of his game against Spurs on YT (Hatem Ben Arfa Vs Tottenham Hotspur F.C. (H) By Linus)

Can someone who saw the game can tell me if it's a fair representation of what he did please ?

Obviously, we can see in this video that he holds on the ball much too long, always wants to beat his man, made choices too late...

But i reckon, it also shows that he didn't loose his capacity of acceleration and he always seemed to have glue on his feet (as before his injury), which is definitely a good point for the future.

There also is another video in which we can see some of the Spurs players salute him before the game while he was speaking with Ba and Marveaux...

That seems like a fairly fair representation to me, yea. Sometimes he did hold onto the ball too much or for too long, but I think that was mainly just because he was trying too hard to impress and make things happen. It was never going to be easy coming on against Spurs in a game like that, but he still did manage to show a few good touches. He'll be fine.

If I was a Wigan fan I'd be shitting myself. They're really crap and even if they double, treble up on HBA, that should leave space for others to exploit. I'd definitely play him, it's the perfect game against the weakest team in the division.

Guest ykmkmdd

There is a video of his game against Spurs on YT (Hatem Ben Arfa Vs Tottenham Hotspur F.C. (H) By Linus)

Glad I watched that, watching the game live I was getting a bit frustrated with him but watching back he did a lot of good stuff in a short time - think I just have such high expectations of him!

Will be one of the absolute best players in the EPL if he can avoid any serious injurys, and im not kneejerking. I usually don't say stuff like this, but his natural talent and potential is ridiculous tbh. And yes i've seen him before he got here. Dunno why im defending myself like  :lol:

just thought a few might not agree with me or laugh at me and say it's too early to say, maybe so, but im pretty confident in this tbh.

What Wullie says, i'd be shitting myself as well. Probably the worst time of all for Wigan to play us.

I don't see him holding onto the ball too much as a negative.  It would have been much easier for him to get rid of the ball considering what he's been through over the last 12 months.

A lot of people in his position would have realised that they are less likely to get hurt if somebody else has the ball.

I don't see him holding onto the ball too much as a negative.  It would have been much easier for him to get rid of the ball considering what he's been through over the last 12 months.

A lot of people in his position would have realised that they are less likely to get hurt if somebody else has the ball.

didn't think of it that way. good point.

Guest mimifrench

If I was a Wigan fan I'd be shitting myself. They're really crap and even if they double, treble up on HBA, that should leave space for others to exploit. I'd definitely play him, it's the perfect game against the weakest team in the division.

Just hope that they won't put 2 or 3 players on him, and tackle him with a hard way...

Really don't understand you, all, sometimes.

Yesterday there were some over-reactions in here, saying he was crap, etc. And now, you say he has doing some good stuff  :lol:

But this game is a fair representation of what Ben arfa wil give you all the season : Excitement, disappointment, excitement, frustration, etc...

You'll love him or hate him lol

Im convinced he will start instead of Best against Wigan.

Would be quite harsh on Best imo but the Wigan game is the perfect opportunity for Ben Arfa to get a full 90 minutes under his belt.

Plus, like some have already said, Wigan is pretty much the perfect opposition for Ben Arfa to destroy.

Guest benarfaNUFC

Ben arfa  is not yet a good pace

You are severe because it has a rule to its entry

skysport 6 Had a big impact, setting up Ameobi for the late equaliser.

he wanted to hit to change the course of the joker macth in what he does often

Example Ben Arfa vs Real Madrid A UCL10 by adriano89.wmv

He's not in the reserve squad for tomorrow nights game with Liverpool (no Marveaux either).  Think they both should be playing,  HBA needs some match fitness, i don't think he's ready to start a league game yet.

He's not in the reserve squad for tomorrow nights game with Liverpool (no Marveaux either).  Think they both should be playing,  HBA needs some match fitness, i don't think he's ready to start a league game yet.

Hmmm, that is quite odd.

Hopefully it is the case of what taxfree has said above.

Could have sworn it was Ryan Taylor who got the assist, not skysport 6.

:lol: :lol:

could have sworn it came off tiote to shola.