Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He really needs to start. He tries to do too much sure, but the way he runs at defenders... we had so much more of an edge with him on the pitch.

A couple poster have mentioned him going off in a huff at end of the game.  No details. Anyone know the story?

Pretty sure we will start seeing Best phased out and Barfa in before too long. I think Pardews plans were always playing Ben Arfa up front of Ba. We saw that today.

Ba

Ben Arfa

Marveaux                            Guti                                /        Guti                      Obertan (more likely for now)

Cabaye  Tiote

Tough call on whether to move Guti away from the left as he is playing very well there. Like to see Marveaux getting some pitch time on the right, looks class although quite different to Guti. Obertan had an off day again today, he has the skills but prefers to get rid of the bad with short passes rather than attack and take players on. I know people were complaining about him losing possession but the former annoyed me much more generally I dont think his possession was any more sloppy than many of our team today. He is involved so much he needs to grab this chance. I hope Pardew gives Marveaux a go just to motivate Obertan. 

Going back to Ben Arfa, Best has done nothing to get dropped, despite being a little out of sorts today. I think Pardew will perservere with Ba/Best until one or the other hits a sticky patch/bad form.

He really needs to start. He tries to do too much sure, but the way he runs at defenders... we had so much more of an edge with him on the pitch.

A couple poster have mentioned him going off in a huff at end of the game.  No details. Anyone know the story?

Maybe he feels like a tit milking the applause after a 15 minute cameo? Its nothing to worry about yet imo,I get the feeling he's had enough of being sent on to save the day with little time left,that's one of the main reasons he moved here

Maybe he feels like a tit milking the applause after a 15 minute cameo? Its nothing to worry about yet imo,I get the feeling he's had enough of being sent on to save the day with little time left,that's one of the main reasons he moved here

He done exactly the same against Blackburn too, I dont think its anything to be worried about, probably just wants a nice glass of orange juice before Shola drinks it all.

Surely it's just a case of him being eager to prove to himself he can cut it for us after the break, whilst trying to make the most of playing so little football for a year and then mixed in with vying for a starting place. That's quite a lot of emotions to have in such a small period of time on the pitch, no wonder he's so hyper charged. Perhaps he's also testing his strength with his injury, i'm sure i read somewhere he had flashes of the break in the Forest game.

He needs more mental time than physical, we saw his explosiveness against Forest, that's still there.

Guest hatem garrincha

A very, very good news : after one year of inactivity, HBA didn't loss his acceleration ability.

He will hurt many PL defenses this season.

He needs matches, he needs to play to be...fully fit and at that time, he will not loose possession as he did yesterday.

Ben Arfa has to start against Wigan. I don't care if he puts Best or Obertan on the bench. Rather Obertan tbh, but we just have to get this guy going so he can bum the top teams when we play them in 3 straight weekends.

I thought he was a bit pants yesterday and his body language does nothing for me, however i couldn't be less worried. He's clearly got a lot of talent and he wants to go forward with the ball at his feet. He's got a willingness to beat men even more so than Jonas does, and certainly Obertan - who looks scared to take on a man. Although that desire can be to his detriment at times, once he sharpens up, i think it's clear that we could well have a very important player here.

Like people said yesterday, the prospect of being a hero was dangled temptingly above his nose, and it was inevitable that a character like him would chomp at it. I don't have a problem with that as such, but he took it to the Nth degree and we nearly suffered from it.

Pardew's definitely got a job on, honing his personality and utilising his obvious skills, but he'll be a brilliant player in time. I'm confident of that.

Easy to forget, what with the euphoria of him actually playing, that he's had a full 12 months on the sidelines. Ridiculous amount of time to be injured.

Guest hatem garrincha

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/ben_arfa_ready_to_start_pardew_1_3880689

ALAN Pardew has warned Wigan Athletic that he could unleash Hatem Ben Arfa from the start when they visit St James’s Park.

The forward was bright after coming off the bench in yesterday’s 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur.

And Ben Arfa – who hasn’t started a Premier League game since breaking his leg in two places more than a year ago – is pushing for a starting place.

With Newcastle trailing 2-1, Pardew threw on Ben Arfa and Shola Ameobi for the last 20 minutes.

And the change contrived to put Harry Redknapp’s side – who had gone ahead thanks to a 68th-minute goal from Jermain Defoe – on the back foot.

Ameobi hit the headlines after scoring a stunning equaliser, but Ben Arfa’s contribution wasn’t lost on Pardew, who has a selection dilemma ahead of Wigan’s visit on Saturday.

Ben Arfa saw a lot of the ball, and Spurs found it difficult to get it back off him as United pressed forward.

Pardew also has full-back Davide Santon – who replaced Danny Simpson late in the game for his Newcastle debut – pushing for a start.

“Shola hit a great goal, but Ben Arfa does things that no one else can do, and he showed that when he came on,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“He looked sharp and lively. It showed he’s near his best, and he’s threatening to burst into the team. On that showing, he’s got a good chance.”

The Wigan fixture is an opportunity for fourth-placed Newcastle to consolidate their position in the Premier League ahead of a tough run of fixtures.

“We’ll go to the next game – no more than that,” added Pardew.

“Wigan’s a massive game for us.

“We’re halfway to safety if we win that after nine games, and we’d take that.

“It’s a massive game for us, and I hope it’s a full house, and the players deserve it.

“They’ve worked really hard to get in the position we’re in.”

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/sport/sport-columnists/black-white/ben_arfa_ready_to_start_pardew_1_3880689

ALAN Pardew has warned Wigan Athletic that he could unleash Hatem Ben Arfa from the start when they visit St James’s Park.

The forward was bright after coming off the bench in yesterday’s 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur.

And Ben Arfa – who hasn’t started a Premier League game since breaking his leg in two places more than a year ago – is pushing for a starting place.

With Newcastle trailing 2-1, Pardew threw on Ben Arfa and Shola Ameobi for the last 20 minutes.

And the change contrived to put Harry Redknapp’s side – who had gone ahead thanks to a 68th-minute goal from Jermain Defoe – on the back foot.

Ameobi hit the headlines after scoring a stunning equaliser, but Ben Arfa’s contribution wasn’t lost on Pardew, who has a selection dilemma ahead of Wigan’s visit on Saturday.

Ben Arfa saw a lot of the ball, and Spurs found it difficult to get it back off him as United pressed forward.

Pardew also has full-back Davide Santon – who replaced Danny Simpson late in the game for his Newcastle debut – pushing for a start.

“Shola hit a great goal, but Ben Arfa does things that no one else can do, and he showed that when he came on,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“He looked sharp and lively. It showed he’s near his best, and he’s threatening to burst into the team. On that showing, he’s got a good chance.”

The Wigan fixture is an opportunity for fourth-placed Newcastle to consolidate their position in the Premier League ahead of a tough run of fixtures.

“We’ll go to the next game – no more than that,” added Pardew.

“Wigan’s a massive game for us.

“We’re halfway to safety if we win that after nine games, and we’d take that.

“It’s a massive game for us, and I hope it’s a full house, and the players deserve it.

“They’ve worked really hard to get in the position we’re in.”

Wooo.