Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

There's surely got to be a shout, btw, for putting him on the right against Wigan? Obertan's time in the team has got to be up now and obviously Pardew isn't keen on putting Marveaux on that side. We need to get him starting games in my opinion, rather than slinging him into these "look Hatem, you could be a hero in the next 15 mins!!!!" situations, which are turning his head a bit.

Clearly one of the most talented players in the squad.

Just got back. He didn't join in the goal celebrations , didn't clap at the end of the game or speak with any of the players and ran off down the tunnel. Very worrying and disappointing.

Didn't celebrate his goal against Everton either. We're f***ed.

:frantic:

Just got back. He didn't join in the goal celebrations , didn't clap at the end of the game or speak with any of the players and ran off down the tunnel. Very worrying and disappointing.

He was pissed off with Defoe, but he was the only outfield player who didn't join in with Shola. He came across as though he wasn't part of the group. We had a grandstand finish and he couldn't get down the tunnel quick enough. Nowt like Everton at all.

Whatever it is, it needs sorting.

He did the same against Blackburn as well.

Tried to do too much. Countless times in the time he was on I just wanted him to release the ball as he danced with it around the box for ages with 3 defenders bearing down on him. Needs more game time, though. Needs to be utilised.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Ben Arfa has a lot of medals so he isn't going to go mental for a league goal. He's had a lot more to go mad for...

What I thought was noticeable almost straight away when he came on was that too many of our players were just standing still and watching him. I know he can be mesmirising at times but come on lads, give him some options. :laugh:

Looks really good on the ball and really quick.

But he had a bit of the Santiago-syndrome about him at times. Was desperate to not have to let go of the ball and found myself screaming at him to pass to Jonas/whoever was further forward on a couple of occasions.

:lol: can imagine Pards adopting a mock German accent and asking Ben Arfa to go and chase the ball at training :lol:

But he had a bit of the Santiago-syndrome about him at times. Was desperate to not have to let go of the ball and found myself screaming at him to pass to Jonas/whoever was further forward on a couple of occasions.

:lol: can imagine Pards adopting a mock German accent and asking Ben Arfa to go and chase the ball at training :lol:

Ha, only just seen this. Definitely reminded me of good ol' Munez.

People need to stop mentioning that Judas cunt. Don't people remember Owen was part of his transfer? :angry: :angry:

He was pissed off with Defoe, but he was the only outfield player who didn't join in with Shola. He came across as though he wasn't part of the group. We had a grandstand finish and he couldn't get down the tunnel quick enough. Nowt like Everton at all.

Whatever it is, it needs sorting.

He did the same against Blackburn as well.

It's so he can get his foot put back on quickly.

Guest mimifrench

Ben arfa only has a strange character, always seems in a bad mood, etc.

Even if he didn't celebrate the goals with the team-mates, doesn't mean he wasn't happy for the team i think. He maybe, surely wanted to be the hero by scoring the winner...

But concerning the fact he hold on the ball too long, it's worrying now. It's one of his main defaults and has to correct it, to play more simple.

What is the story with Defoe ?

Selfish display from him, quite disappointing.

Wasn't up for the physical side of things - expected that and not bothered about it really. But seemed far more interested in doing it all on his own.

On the positive side he occupied the space between the striker and the midfield quite well - was always available as an option to pass to, which was better than the punts up to Best and Ba, who were both rather pedestrian.

There was one through ball from Cabaye in the centre circle that Ben Arfa ran onto which I thought was absolute class - would love to see more moments like that.

Definite potential (as we all knew) but gave the ball away far too often without producing much, didn't do enough to get a start next week imo

Ben arfa only has a strange character, always seems in a bad mood, etc.

Even if he didn't celebrate the goals with the team-mates, doesn't mean he wasn't happy for the team i think. He maybe, surely wanted to be the hero by scoring the winner...

But concerning the fact he hold on the ball too long, it's worrying now. It's one of his main defaults and has to correct it, to play more simple.

What is the story with Defoe ?

After Shola's goal Ben Arfa collected the ball and ran back to the centre circle obviously wanted to go for the winner. The rest of the Ncle players were still celebrating the goal. Defoe decided to grab the ball off Ben Arfa and there was a bit of hand bags. The ref had to speak to both of them.

Average performance.

Gave the ball away every bit as much as Obertan did by trying to walk through players and do it all on his own, we are where we are by playing as a team which he doesn't seem to grasp.

Average performance.

Gave the ball away every bit as much as Obertan did by trying to walk through players and do it all on his own, we are where we are by playing as a team which he doesn't seem to grasp.

He's the type of player who is going the lose the ball every now and again though.

As long as he doesn't attempt his runs in the centre of the pitch, as he did on one occasion today, all is good.

Average performance.

What was our movement like when Ben Arfa was trying to walk through players?