Joey Barton marches into Spain and takes control of the Teresa Herrera Trophy

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congratulations to you all. Would have been nice to see a 3-3 and then pens but wasn't to be.

If there are any pics posted on Depor's International Site of your players with the trophy, I'll post them here tomorrow or give you a link.

Cheers. :thup:

You should stick around tbh, you seem quite a canny poster.

Congratulations to you all. Would have been nice to see a 3-3 and then pens but wasn't to be.

If there are any pics posted on Depor's International Site of your players with the trophy, I'll post them here tomorrow or give you a link.

Thanks very much, and good luck for this season.

Aye! :thup:

Best pre-season match ever.

The 60 who went should have a memorial outside the ground in the shape of the trophy with their names on, and honoured forever.

Aside from actually sticking it in the net, until the shoot-out that is, we looked half decent. I'm still of the opinion that we could finish anywhere between 9th and 20th. I see very little difference between the sides once you forget about Man U, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Villa.

Best pre-season match ever.

The 60 who went should have a memorial outside the ground in the shape of the trophy with their names on, and honoured forever.

That trophy is big enough to be the memorial! Just need plaster of paris!

Aside from actually sticking it in the net, until the shoot-out that is, we looked half decent. I'm still of the opinion that we could finish anywhere between 9th and 20th. I see very little difference between the sides once you forget about Man U, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Villa.

Yeah, I'm quite impressed going by this match. We really do lack a clinical finisher, though. It worries me.

Did Barton miss a pen? Not reading 40 odd pages. Brief overview anyone?

Yeah, hit it fairly weak and not far enough in the corner. Came back to him, he slid at it and skied it miles over.

In all seriousness it's more good preparation for the players, to win against a decent team just as coming back against PSV will have been good for confidence despite the apparently poor performance. :thup: