Mast-nailing with thy colours

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We'll stay up.

What I've seen against Depor and against Rangers makes me feel quite confident. In pre-season it isn't about winning but more about finding a rhythm and getting to a good fitness level.

Yes because my life is depressing enough without having to convince myself that the football club I love is destined for failure.

:thup:

If we beat the likes of Blackpool, West Brom, Wigan etc at home and take what we can at their places then I think we'll do it.

If nothing changes, I really don't know.

We're very hit and miss. We could either hit the ground running, have tremendous home form and get 15/16th, or we could do what we did last time and slug right through the season and then just get pipped at the post again.

I'll be positive and say 'Stay up'. But it'll be close.

Guest BooBoo

Agree about the comment above about not using pee season results as a guide to how we'll get on. Under te useless Allardyce we were great in pre season, then the real thing started....

If we get one decent striker or Arfa plays like the Fm wonderkid he used to be and gets 10 from mf we should be alright. What we have at the moment won't be enough sadly. And I really wish it would, but it won't. Can only see Blackpool and WBA finishing below us at this point.

Agree about the comment above about not using pee season results as a guide to how we'll get on. Under te useless Allardyce we were great in pre season, then the real thing started....

We weren't at Carlisle we were dogshit.

If we get one decent striker or Arfa plays like the Fm wonderkid he used to be and gets 10 from mf we should be alright. What we have at the moment won't be enough sadly. And I really wish it would, but it won't. Can only see Blackpool and WBA finishing below us at this point.

Aye exactly my sentiments.

Too hard to call for sure whether we'll be up or down IMO.

We'll be right in the thick of the relegation battle with the current squad though. Certainly find it difficult to see us staying up with any degree of comfort.

We're just too toothless up front I think, and you'll not go far if you can't score goals. We're hard-working and I think we'll be quite well organised though, so we'll be hard to beat.

Ultimately it'll come down to those scrappy tight games against other bad teams. If we can nick wins in a few of those we'll stay up. If we don't, we won't.

More than anything, I don't think you can tell until the season starts.

Like said above, pre-season results really don't show anything, and we won't really know how well we'll fare until we see how good the fringe teams (Wigan, West Ham etc.) are.

As things stand, Blackpool and WBA will probably be the only ones to finish below us. But there could be a suprise package (ala Pompey last season) who just nosedive and sit nicely in that 3rd relegation place.

I remember a similar thread last season about promotion and a lot thought we'd struggle. Pundits thought we'd finish bottom half or worse. There's 12-14 matches that will be difficult to get much from. The rest are realistic points-gathering missions, imo.