Aston Villa appoint Alex McLeish as new manager

Fenham Mag

I said to my best mate at the start of this season, if theres two teams i hope we absolutely savage straight through the anus, its Villa and the soap dodgers. Same two again please fellas.

I said to my best mate at the start of this season, if theres two teams i hope we absolutely savage straight through the anus, its Villa and the soap dodgers. Same two again please fellas.

I hope you said it to him really loudly, in the pub. That's a great line.

Sky Sports Sources understand Aston Villa have contacted Birmingham City over making a move for Alex McLeish

McLeish was installed as bookmakers' favourite for the vacant manager's job at Aston Villa following his shock resignation on Sunday.

Villa are now believed to have made an enquiry to Blues acting chairman Peter Pannu to enquire McLeish's availability.

Birmingham City have refused to accept Alex McLeish's resignation as manager and are thought to be seeking financial compensation if the Scot moves to Villa.

The St Andrews outfit are believed to be looking for up to £5million for McLeish if they make a move to bring him to Villa Park.

Birmingham have been left angered by McLeish's resignation and they are ready to try and block any efforts for the former Scotland boss to take over at Villa without due compensation.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6988538,00.html?

Any manager who comes in still has Houllier's mess to clear up

What mess? When you look at it, Houiller's done fairly well in the time he's had. They were all over the place near the end of Kevin McDonald's caretaker stewardship - in 7 or 8 months, Houllier has stabilised them and they even squeezed into the top half.

No way man. Half the players at Villa hate/hated Houllier (if reports are correct). He started telling players not to bother turning up and that. I bet their squad was delighted when Houiller went.

Footballing wise they hadn't improved from O'Neill, Darren Bents signing being one of the only plus points.

P.S Contact between Villa and Brum confimed.

IIRC Brummie said Houllier had done a lot of good work behind the scenes in sorting out what O'Neill had left behind.

Just talking to a Villa fan at work. He seems pretty adamant that Moyes is coming.

90% of them have been adamant about it on their forums for weeks now.

New bullshit rumours about it are invented & spread by Villa fans over twitter on a daily basis. Becoming extremely tiresome. Can smell the desperation seeping through my laptop.

Just talking to a Villa fan at work. He seems pretty adamant that Moyes is coming.

90% of them have been adamant about it on their forums for weeks now.

New bullshit rumours about it are invented & spread by Villa fans over twitter on a daily basis. Becoming extremely tiresome. Can smell the desperation seeping through my laptop.

can you blame them, I mean Alex McLeish I'd be clinging to any faint unrealistic hope I could too

Guest BooBoo

Moyes has done a cracking job at Everton but I wonder how long he'll give it before realising his hands will always be tied by a lack of funds.