Two Jack Walkers! There's only Two Jack Walkers!

GM

Spawny fecking Blackburn Rovers are about to get themselves another sugar daddy by the looks of things...

Prospective Blackburn owner eyes quick deal to buy club

Prospective Blackburn owner Ahasan Ali Syed says he wants to buy the club as quickly as possible so manager Sam Allardyce can sign new players.

The Indian businessman is checking the club's accounts ahead of a possible takeover of the Ewood Park outfit.

Syed, 36, told BBC Radio Lancashire: "I am very keen to move very fast and buy this club at the earliest moment.

"I am aware that Big Sam has big ambitions for this transfer window and I would love to support his ambitions."

Syed reportedly has £300m to complete the takeover, cover outstanding debts and "provide the necessary capital to buy new players and invest over the longer term so it can once again become a title contender", according to a statement from his Western Gulf Advisory (WGA) investment vehicle last week.

WGA announced on Friday that it had been granted a four-week period of exclusivity in which to discuss a deal, but Syed, a lawyer who studied at the London School of Economics, insisted he does not expect to make money from Blackburn, instead describing his potential purchase as a "passion".

"I have been presented with a lot of clubs, but Blackburn really came to my attention because it suits my investment philosophy," he added.

"If you have seen my investments in the past they are always good assets who are undervalued and who have huge potential for a turnaround situation. I have been doing this for 14 years now and Blackburn fitted the bill.

"I am very excited, happy, I feel privileged, but I would not like to call myself as the owner of Blackburn, but as a fan of Blackburn, and I would love for all the fans to support me.

"I would ask the fans to please adopt me as a local. I am not here to make money, I have enough investments outside of the sporting entities to make money, I am taking Blackburn as a passion and I would like them to support me in my passion. This is an investment to fuel my passion."

Syed is yet to meet Rovers boss Allardyce, who led the club to an opening day 1-0 win over Everton on Saturday, but admits he is a big fan of the former Bolton and Newcastle manager.

"I have not met Sam Allardyce, but I've read enough about him to really praise him," said Syed. "He's done a fantastic job with limited resources, and I'm sure with my liquidity and support I think he can do wonders.

"I want to move quickly so that we can do well in the transfer window."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/8918516.stm

If only, eh? If only... :weep:

Spawny fecking Blackburn Rovers are about to get themselves another sugar daddy by the looks of things...

Prospective Blackburn owner eyes quick deal to buy club

Prospective Blackburn owner Ahasan Ali Syed says he wants to buy the club as quickly as possible so manager Sam Allardyce can sign new players.

The Indian businessman is checking the club's accounts ahead of a possible takeover of the Ewood Park outfit.

Syed, 36, told BBC Radio Lancashire: "I am very keen to move very fast and buy this club at the earliest moment.

"I am aware that Big Sam has big ambitions for this transfer window and I would love to support his ambitions."

Syed reportedly has £300m to complete the takeover, cover outstanding debts and "provide the necessary capital to buy new players and invest over the longer term so it can once again become a title contender", according to a statement from his Western Gulf Advisory (WGA) investment vehicle last week.

WGA announced on Friday that it had been granted a four-week period of exclusivity in which to discuss a deal, but Syed, a lawyer who studied at the London School of Economics, insisted he does not expect to make money from Blackburn, instead describing his potential purchase as a "passion".

"I have been presented with a lot of clubs, but Blackburn really came to my attention because it suits my investment philosophy," he added.

"If you have seen my investments in the past they are always good assets who are undervalued and who have huge potential for a turnaround situation. I have been doing this for 14 years now and Blackburn fitted the bill.

"I am very excited, happy, I feel privileged, but I would not like to call myself as the owner of Blackburn, but as a fan of Blackburn, and I would love for all the fans to support me.

"I would ask the fans to please adopt me as a local. I am not here to make money, I have enough investments outside of the sporting entities to make money, I am taking Blackburn as a passion and I would like them to support me in my passion. This is an investment to fuel my passion."

Syed is yet to meet Rovers boss Allardyce, who led the club to an opening day 1-0 win over Everton on Saturday, but admits he is a big fan of the former Bolton and Newcastle manager.

"I have not met Sam Allardyce, but I've read enough about him to really praise him," said Syed. "He's done a fantastic job with limited resources, and I'm sure with my liquidity and support I think he can do wonders.

"I want to move quickly so that we can do well in the transfer window."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/8918516.stm

If only, eh? If only... :weep:

hmmmm....

Believe it when it happens.

Remember the Chinese government were buying Liverpool a couple of weeks ago.

Probably just another load of bullshit.

But this guy has paid BR for exclusivity to their books. A high price just to be fuking about trying to raise his profile.

Let him buy that shit club.

I'm getting more and more happy with our current ownership tbh. They made big, very big mistakes but at the moment, they're not doing much wrong.

Splashing millions of money like Man City do is not the way forward and I hope that Ashley will be a good owner for the long-term. 

Let him buy that s*** club.

I'm getting more and more happy with our current ownership tbh. They made big, very big mistakes but at the moment, they're not doing much wrong.

Splashing millions of money like Man City do is not the way forward and I hope that Ashley will be a good owner for the long-term. 

Its too late IMO. The bridges are burnt with him now due to the continued FCB hatred that still gets dished out.

Let him buy that shit club.

Lets hope you are saying that this time next year.  :thup:

Love it if he binned Allardyce again.

Pretty much a certainty. If this goes through I'll even put a bet on Allardyce being out by the end of the year.

Well he'll have trousered another big payoff if it does happen, there's easy money to be made being a manager and not delivering what the owner wants......He's a very lucky man however it works out. If he did get the sack he'd get another job pretty quickly, somewhere like Wigan probably.

Certainly looking like it.

What with him reconsigning the need for both stability and progression thus providing the funds to not only keep us in the league, but build a good team that will over time achieve success while remaining financially stable.

What with him reconsigning the need for both stability and progression thus providing the funds to not only keep us in the league, but build a good team that will over time achieve success while remaining financially stable.

Exactly.  :thup:

There is no potential for growth in Blackburn, it makes no sense.

I'd agree with you if you were looking at the size of the club as it is, but if you look at the demographics of the area, then it becomes clearer why Blackburn in particular represents an interesting portfolio to an Indian investor.

Guest Heneage

There is no potential for growth in Blackburn, it makes no sense.

I'd agree with you if you were looking at the size of the club as it is, but if you look at the demographics of the area, then it becomes clearer why Blackburn in particular represents an interesting portfolio to an Indian investor.

I'm sure Wayne Hemmingway said on a Soccer Am interview that Blackburn only has a population of around 250,000. While I see what you are saying, I just don't see why these people aren't looking like clubs such as ourselves, who already have a really good infrastructure. 

I was being sarcastic man. Ashley has done none of that. :lol:

Living on cloud cuckoo land...

Absolutely incredible.

Living on cloud cuckoo land...

Has he like?