Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

We've not been *that* bad.  We've gone from walking an easy league to playing one of the best teams in the world.

The majority of the team have been solid and worked hard.  If we play like this every game - after shoring up the defence - we shouldn't find it too difficult to pick up points.

Agree completely. I was expecting infinitely worse than this.

Heh? We're well on the way for a hiding man.. This will finish 7-0 so Man U go top..

You won't play like this every game, though. You've more than likely put more effort into pressing etc. as you're facing a 'big' club. Long season ahead, without a few quality signings (Ben Arfa, a striker, a midfielder... a couple of defenders). Lucky for you that half the league is relatively poor, anyway.

get Perch off now!!!! fucking useless littlee shit 1.4 million of our none existing budget???  thats the equivilant of man city spending fukin 40 million of thier money on a turd

fuck offff!!!!!!!

hope he gets a second yellow fuck sake we wud play better with ten men than that piece of sad excuse.

Guest Geordiesned

The reasons why pretty much this same team got relegated are very apparent. Ball given away far too much. Nobody confident on the ball. Players not supporting each other. Defence a shambles.

Lets face it who thought with this line up we'd actually pose a sustained threat?

We need Arfa, a quality Striker and a Hard Defensive Mid

And maybe we're on course here for a result that could let Ashley know that too.

Getting twatted of Man U isn't the worst thing that can happen when the transfer window is still open. Not saying I want us to get beaten, as I don't, but if anything sneaking an undeserved result here could have been a bad thing to happen long-term.

Stop kidding yourself.

Well. Fuck it. No different to what was expected.

Not so sure about that tbh. I was pleasantly surprised up until the second goal.

We used to get battered here even when we were good under Robson, the difference now is we've nothing up front.

Someone needs to teach our team how to pass, especially Jonas, their first goal was because of him taking ages on the ball.

And Nolan he picked up the ball near the D, and waited for ever just to nudge into Jonas.

Getting quite easy to have a go at Perch now. I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

Both he and Smith have totally gone to s*** since the yellow cards. In Smith's case he appears to have completely forgotten what he was meant to be doing, after a good start.

I don't think Smith has been booked, has he?

get Perch off now!!!! fucking useless littlee shit 1.4 million of our none existing budget???  thats the equivilant of man city spending fukin 40 million of thier money on a turd

fuck offff!!!!!!!

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just hope we don't fall completely to shit in the second half, a 2-0 or 3-0 loss would be respectable and hopefully wouldn't fuck up any team morale.

Aye, 2-0 isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be at HT. The only positive I can take from this is that Andy Carroll has developed Work Rate, and has been excellent defending. Routledge looks like he could be a half decent winger (if he sorts his first touch out). Williamson has been fairly solid.

Sadly, I think I'm going to jump on the Harper is shite bandwagon. He's shite.

fuck offff!!!!!!!

hope he gets a second yellow fuck sake we wud play better with ten men than that piece of sad excuse.

45 minutes into his league debut at Old Trafford ffs.  No wonder so many players fail to make it here with mongs like you about.