Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Getting quite easy to have a go at Perch now. I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

Perch is one of them players that was raved about by a few on here a bit like John-Joe O'Toole (more than likely the same folk) he is no better than R.Taylor or Simpson.

Getting quite easy to have a go at Perch now. I'm starting to feel sorry for him.

I think he's been okay. It's his first ever premiership game and he's dealing with Nani and Evra at Old Trafford. I've seen some decent things from him for sure.

This is about the best I could have hoped for. Had a few chances. Not being 3 or 4 behind already. Our lack of attacking talent is really evident. Every time we go forward there's nothing happening. Ben Arfa can't come soon enough!

Perch is so shi*. Nolan at fault for 1st goal. Perch at fault for 2nd. We were playing okayish. Ofcourse we are going to play deep, but at leaast do it properly, and don't give them space to play the ball around the edge of the box.

Both he and Smith have totally gone to s*** since the yellow cards. In Smith's case he appears to have completely forgotten what he was meant to be doing, after a good start.

I don't think Smith has been booked, has he?

Good point. :lol:

Well he stopped doing what he was, for some reason. Been invisible for the second part of the half.

I see Kevin Nolan is auditioning for the cast of the Invisible Man. He's been utterly abysmal - exactly like he was when we got relegated. He really does offer next to nothing at this level.

If you go to Old Trafford with such a negative formation you deserve nothing more. Fucking garbage - Jonas & Routledge occasionally cross the half way line and there's nobody there cos Carroll is the only fucker working.

Nolan is a fucking shitehawk. Hate the bastard.

Guest Heneage

I can't help but be totally ignorant to our performance and say the Referee is being such a smarmy home team twat.

is perch confused about what position he's playing at? does he think we are playing a back three?  jesus christ ..

Wjhatever explanation can explain his turd like qualities??

some some shed some fucking light,

i was fuming for 45 minutes cus this guy just so freacking clueless, he mite as well just stroll around picking his fucking nose jesus..1!!!!!

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :kinnear:

:kinnear:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We can't take too much from this game, Man Utd are a quality side, we are bound to get exploited by their movement. I personally think Perch has been alright, Barton has given away a lot of the ball cheaply

Guest neesy111

Colocini looks like what he was when we got relegated, and if any1 rates jonas they need their head checking out

What pisses me off is that all our defence and team are expecting their players wether inside the box or out to cross it in, when they pass it and simply exploit far far too much space for them. GO IN AND FUCKING CLOSE IN. FFS.

I see Kevin Nolan is auditioning for the cast of the Invisible Man. He's been utterly abysmal - exactly like he was when we got relegated. He really does offer next to nothing at this level.

Even Richard Keys knows it :lol:

To be honest, I've been impressed by the effort and commitment of our lads in the first half. As Guinness Fiend said, we need to keep this in perspective. We've gone from walking it in the Championship to playing one of the best teams in the world at home, and we're doing that with much the same squad and set up as last year MINUS  decent right back and adequate creativity in midfield. To only be 2-0 down at half time isn't as bad as it could have been. That said, its clear we don't have enough to challenge the top teams anymore. The second half tactics will be interesting to see...will Hughton go for damage limitation and ten men behind the ball?

The second goal was very disappointing but to be honest I had feared for much worse. As long as they keep their heads and stick to the game plan then we could get out of here without the demoralising thumping. Mind, I am struggling to see what Nolan's role is. He is offering absolutely nothing in the way of support to Carroll and yet not doing much defensive work either. I'd be tempted to drop him into Barton's role (before he gets himeself a red) and bring on Vuckic or even Ranger to support Carroll and give the likes of Jonas, Routledge and Enrique an option when they have the ball. At the moment they are looking up, seeing no option and invaribly losing it.

Strange half like, started off very well but after 30 mins just seemed to burrow our heads in the ground and stopped attacking. Hughton needs to grow a pair, just defending is like putting a lamb to slaughter we actually looked decent when we were attacking in those first 30 mins. Nolan's fault for the first imo poor ball to Jonas in an already cramped space. Nolan anonymous mind, he's shit and i want Vuckic on instead of him.

Pretty poor.

Jonas to blame for the first goal for giving the ball away and Routledge to blame for the second for not marking Evra.

Barton needs to pass the ball better and the team, in general, need to think before clearing their lines because it is just coming straight back at us. Need cooler heads who are going to take their time and find a Newcastle man.

Guest firetotheworks

The tactics and the effort is there. That's all I'm looking for. Fucking daft from Jonas though, it's Man United ffs, don't try and dribble the ball away when you're 30 yards from goal.