Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

Never gonna agree with you on this one, Skirge. He didn't appear to have a particularly great pre-season and i'm not denying that, in a few games, it could become clear that he isn't up to it - but slinging a clogger like Taylor in is just beyond pointless. He was a reasonable player to have in the squad last year, because his technique isn't bad, but he's never gonna be our long-term right-back in this division. Perch has been signed as the right-back and we need to stick with him for now.

I though Perch had been signed as a utility player?

If he had, you'd think he'd have got a shot elsewhere in pre-season. I know Simpson's injured atm but Perch isn't the only other player in the squad who can claim to know the RB position - yet that's the only position he's featured. (Bar CB maybe?)

He played LB second half against Rangers, didn't he, when we gave Jose a rest?

Pretty sure we got him as he could provide cover for a number of positions, and we plan to play Simpson as our primary right back.. Not that I care too much either way, as all our RB options are much of muchness, but I would go with Raylor above Perch, based on what I've seen of Perch so far and more importantly Raylor's ability to put in a decent cross or set piece, which very little of our other players seem capable off...

I can't lie tbh, i'm disappointed that Perch looks to be the only supposed addition to the RBs. That's not to say we should sack him off though, he could still be better than Simpson. An upgrade is an upgrade - however slight - and it's what the whole squad needs, obviously.

The Youngsters really need to be picked in place of Nolan and Smith.

Just watch and learn from Aston Villas kids this coming Sunday as an example.

They gave two young lads their home premier league debuts this weekend.

Marc Albrighton will show us what willing young legs given their chance can do to the opposition.

For some reason Newcastle United seem incapable of grasping the simple truth that energy and athletisism is an essential prerequisite of a top flight footballer.

Can someone tell me when we are ever going to see this again from Nolan, Smith or god god help us, the ancient Cambell .

Athleticism and energy are basically half the game now, probably more than half. We don't have a load of brilliant youngsters seemingly, would like to see Vuckic get some minutes this season at least.

I for one cannot believe that Ranger is incapable of putting himself about a football pitch more than Nolan.

Young Albrightons raw exciting running at defenders for Villa on his full home debut reminded me of the pace and athletisism shown by Ranger in the brief cameos he has been given up till now.

Alas I fear we will be shown the difference in the two sides policies on Sunday by the the young Villa lad showing our defenders a clean pair of heels, while our youngsters warm the bench once more.

Harper

Perch Williamson Colocinni Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Xisco         Shola        Caroll      Lovenkrands

step away from the bong

Harper

Smith

Nolan

step away from the bong

You're just jealous someone had a crazier formation than you Skirge

Krul

Perch        Williamson    Colo   Enrique

Routledge   Barton    Guthrie   Jonas

Carroll     Nolan

Harper

RTaylor

Ameobi

Loven

Smith

Ben Arfa

Xisco

Harper

Smith

Nolan

step away from the bong

:lol:

The stones on you.

Harper

Smith

Nolan

step away from the bong

The stones on you.

even am not that hallucinogenic .. I get creative.. thats drug fuelled the formation

How fucking good is it to be back in the Premier League btw? Absolutley cannot wait for this one and i'm mortified i'm not gonna be there. Nervous as hell too, it's really important we pick up something here. I enjoyed last season immensely but by rights we should have won every single game last year, you don't get the same nerves like you do here.

How f***ing good is it to be back in the Premier League btw? Absolutley cannot wait for this one and i'm mortified i'm not gonna be there. Nervous as hell too, it's really important we pick up something here. I enjoyed last season immensely but by rights we should have won every single game last year, you don't get the same nerves like you do here.

yes and no, i absolutly despise the coverage of the premiership, building it up into something it isnt and helping the top 4 or 5 create a self fulfilling prophecy.

hard to call this one mostly because i dont really know where villa are, was the match vs west ham a sign of things to come or just incompetent opposition. Is their caretaker manager still going to be there come sunday? will milner be there? will their midweek europa league game affect them?

For me anyway must go 4-4-2 at home

harper

perch williamson colo enrique

routiledge barton guthrie/nolan jonas

carroll lovenkrands/shola

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I hope we will have a good look in against these given the display against Man u and the fact that we should be getting a bit sharper each game.

I'd expect to see:

Harper

Perch Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Barton Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

Ben Arfa to get 20mins. ;)

i;d go.........

harper                 

perch    willimason   coloccini   enrique

guthrie      barton

routledge      nolan     jonas

carroll

(yes i know its exactly the same but someone's likely to fall for it