Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If this is true, could it mean the end of us chasing Ben Arfa? If we've spent 3.5m on this guy, I can't see Ashley giving another 6 or so for Ben Arfa.

Would you have seen Ashley even giving about £5 million this window after that statement? Im not going to speculate on who we will buy and how much we will spend until the window is over as its just too unpredictable. We could also be selling someone to fund this and are waiting to finalise this deal before letting that player go.

Whilst I'm pleased we're spending money on improving the squad - why have we signed another defensive midfielder?

I mean, I know he's going to be better than Smith (if he's not we're in trouble) - but how about signing someone with a bit of creativity? Signing another defensive midfielder wouldn't have been high on my priority list.

Whilst I'm pleased we're spending money on improving the squad - why have we signed another defensive midfielder?

I mean, I know he's going to be better than Smith (if he's not we're in trouble) - but how about signing someone with a bit of creativity? Signing another defensive midfielder wouldn't have been high on my priority list.

It was a major priority as we only had one who is dog shit awful.

That's why, Smith is shit.

Come on man, have you not noticed the total lack of mobility in midfield?

This guy is here to give us energy and somebody who can actually run for 90 minutes, it's massive credit to Hughton for seeing what we lack.

It was a major priority as we only had one who is dog shit awful.

I'd probably classify Barton as a defensive midfielder these days too. At least the way we play.

I'm not disappointed to be signing one - but we desperately need creativity. DESPERATELY.

This guy is here to give us energy and somebody who can actually run for 90 minutes, it's massive credit to Hughton for seeing what we lack.

I have. But we have to remember that this is a £3.5m signing - which is probably our whole budget. It just means we're going to be left with no creativity in midfield if we don't sign anyone else (which is probably pretty likely)

I have. But we have to remember that this is a £3.5m signing - which is probably our whole budget. It just means we're going to be left with no creativity in midfield if we don't sign anyone else (which is probably pretty likely)

This is the kind of signing that should completely change our midfield. I'd have much more faith one of Guthrie/Barton knowing that there is somebody who can run and impose themself physically alongside them. We've been crying out for this type of player even longer than we have a 'creative' midfielder imo.

Plus, our creativity will come from Ben Arfa ;)

Amdy Faye was a f***ing shitpile.

Distinctly remember when he came on against Sporting Lisbon. Donkey.

i made hit motm against swansea.....i dont think he kicked a ball straight after that day for us.

It could mean we were waiting to make sure we had HBA loan deal sorted before spending money on Tiote

Don't do this Skirge...

i dont do it skirge, you'll make yourself out to be a right knob.

(a few days ago i stated that maybe we wanted ben arfa on loan so we could spend some cash elsewhere)