Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest Geordiesned

George Caulkin tweeting that Tiote in Jesmond tonight. 4 million fee agreed. Someone else saying they spotted him in Jesmond restaurant.

What players could we sell and get 3.5 million out of?  We've not proven ourselves to be particularly skilled in the selling side of the transfer market either, think we're the only team Man City have got a bargain out of.

Shifting out s**** is an Ashley forte tbh. I'd expect Taylor to be the one shifted if anyone goes.

Edit: hadn't seen that Dave btw. :lol:

Bring in a club-less defender for nowt who has one or two seasons maximum left in him (if that) and sell a 24 year proven PL defender for a couple of million – that’s how to build for the future.

Like I said, the "proven" PL defender is going to walk anyway at the end of this season. If we get £2m for him consider that a bonus.

What players could we sell and get 3.5 million out of?  We've not proven ourselves to be particularly skilled in the selling side of the transfer market either, think we're the only team Man City have got a bargain out of.

Shifting out s**** is an Ashley forte tbh. I'd expect Taylor to be the one shifted if anyone goes.

Bring in a club-less defender for nowt who has one or two seasons maximum left in him (if that) and sell a 24 year proven PL defender for a couple of million – that’s how to build for the future.

Never said it would make sense tbh.  ???

Probably a load of shite anyway, I'm just guessing.

Sorry, once more:

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Ah fuck it, and again:

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Pray to fuck he lives up to billing.

Probably a load of s**** anyway, I'm just guessing.

taylors stance oin his contract could force the issue (and i'm not one who would like to see him leave).

Nothing against lonsdale gloves but every pair in sd are obviously seconds because no matter what price you pick up they all fit like an Ethiopian's arse.

Maybe by visa they mean that's how we are paying, I would imagine £4m on a credit card would take some time to clear.

taylors stance oin his contract could force the issue (and i'm not one who would like to see him leave).

We've had this conversation before. :lol:

He either signs or he's put up for sale imo. He'd cost quite a bit to replace so paying him a bit more than we think he's worth might turn out to be the better course of action from a purely financial point of view. Getting dragged way off topic though.

Guest malandro

Bring in a club-less defender for nowt who has one or two seasons maximum left in him (if that) and sell a 24 year proven PL defender for a couple of million thats how to build for the future.

I’ll be glad when the transfer window shuts and the football can start. The pre September fixtures always feel sort of irrelevant while players are still being touted around?

Bring in a club-less defender for nowt who has one or two seasons maximum left in him (if that) and sell a 24 year proven PL defender for a couple of million thats how to build for the future.

I’ll be glad when the transfer window shuts and the football can start. The pre September fixtures always feel sort of irrelevant while players are still being touted around?

i agree with that.

What players could we sell and get 3.5 million out of? We've not proven ourselves to be particularly skilled in the selling side of the transfer market either, think we're the only team Man City have got a bargain out of.

Never said it would make sense tbh. ???

:thup:

All seems a bit temporary without knowing what your final squad is actually going to be.

We've had this conversation before. :lol:

He either signs or he's put up for sale imo. He'd cost quite a bit to replace so paying him a bit more than we think he's worth might turn out to be the better course of action from a purely financial point of view. Getting dragged way off topic though.

today or is there a time limit ?

Ill be glad when the transfer window shuts and the football can start. The pre September fixtures always feel sort of irrelevant while players are still being touted around?

:thup:

Ahhh, but there will still be a few weeks of scanning out of date free agent lists and wondering where Paul Sharner et al will end up