Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Always get the impression that's on the verge of losing his temper.

He did seem to lose his temper once late in the 2nd half.

That was because Balotelli kicked about 3 times before he went down during one passage of play.

Felt he was very unlucky for their second that it hit Nolan's heel

before that he had flown into one challange where the player jumped out the way, very possible straight red had he connected.

The guy has 1 flaw in his game in that, he thinks hes got more time than he has when he wins the ball.  While he gets away with it a lot, when he doesn't sometimes it can be fatal like it was today.

He has another flaw, or did yesterday; total lack of urgency chasing back when they broke away. He literally looked like he either didn't care or didn't know which person to track (so didn't bother). Remember him busting a lung once in the 2nd half and getting back in on Tevez but that was about it.

The way he's going, he's very likely to miss the Sunderland game. If he picks up another yellow at Wigan, I'd drop him out for both Stevenage and West Ham.

With Carroll and Barton also walking disciplinary tightropes, it seems almost certain we'll play the mackems with one of them missing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Discipline is a problem in Tiote's game, he picks up far too many yellows, and you have to worry most games about him getting sent off.

Discipline is a problem in Tiote's game, he picks up far too many yellows, and you have to worry most games about him getting sent off.

Furthermore, contrary to popular belief, it is possible to play defensive midfield without collecting cards like Chery Cole on valentine's day.

Carroll has 4 (I think) as well as Jonas and Barton.

5 triggers a ban but I think they have to be accumulated before a certain date.

.co.uk have him down as having 9 including one in the cup but according to .com he didn't get booked in any of the league cup games. As much as Stevenage would be a good one for him to have missed as I don't think he will start anyway I would definetly rather he plays at Sunderland and then picks up a suspension after that game.

Don't think we have to worry about Carroll and Barton as on the 31st December you no longer miss 1 game for 5 yellows, just 2 games for 10.

Yep, I've checked the FA website and the rules that apply are:

5 cautions between the start of the season and 31st December= 1 match ban.

10 cautions between the start of the season and the second Sunday in April= 2 match ban.

15 cautions between the start and of the season and the end of the season= 3 match ban.

Barton, Carroll, Jose and Jonas should be ok for the derby, it's only Tiote who is danger.

He certainly is not a dirty player. He's a hard player, but much of that comes from his incredible body strength. Love how frustrated he looks when he gets a booking.

His booking today was justified though, good thing Modric managed to get out of the way, it was a very bad tackle.

I'd rather he carried on the way he is going.  It's easy to say 'oh stop getting booked' but its a lot hard to achieve it.

I agree, he's not dirty, he's unlucky and shouldn't change a thing or he'll lose part of his game.

I think he is a dirty player. Definitely a ruthless streak in him that he doesn't need to get rid of, actually far from it. He just needs to develop a control and almost coax his way around the yellow cards. Become a professional cunt.

Also of the opinion that his performances have dropped off recently. Although he did come up against arguably one of the top 2/3 midfielders in the country today.

I think he is a dirty player.  Definitely a ruthless streak in him that he doesn't need to get rid of, actually far from it.  He just needs to develop a control and almost coax his way around the yellow cards.  Become a professional cunt.

Also of the opinion that his performances have dropped off recently.  Although he did come up against arguably one of the top 2/3 midfielders in the country today.

Didn't see today's game but he was our best midfielder against City. The Talksport commentator reckoned he was good today as well. I think our fans are just getting a bit blase about him these days and are picking faults instead of appreciating the quality.

I love him me.  Think he's gonna get better and better once he gets more confident in this league and learns the language.  The improvement from Smith is mental and some of the things he does/tackles he makes are amazing.  During the game today he turned and sent Modric and someone else flying the wrong way.  It was LITERALLY BETTER than the original Cruyff turn.

I think he is a dirty player.  Definitely a ruthless streak in him that he doesn't need to get rid of, actually far from it.  He just needs to develop a control and almost coax his way around the yellow cards.  Become a professional c***.

Also of the opinion that his performances have dropped off recently.  Although he did come up against arguably one of the top 2/3 midfielders in the country today.

Didn't see today's game but he was our best midfielder against City. The Talksport commentator reckoned he was good today as well. I think our fans are just getting a bit blase about him these days and are picking faults instead of appreciating the quality.

This.  Thought he was one of our top 2 or so players today.

I love him me.  Think he's gonna get better and better once he gets more confident in this league and learns the language.  The improvement from Smith is mental and some of the things he does/tackles he makes are amazing.  During the game today he turned and sent Modric and someone else flying the wrong way.  It was LITERALLY BETTER than the original Cruyff turn.

:thup:

Love watching him play. He's not perfect but who is? We could do with settling on someone to play alongside him (Nolan for me) so they can develop a partnership IMO.