Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest TrueToon

Tiote is superb at what he does..Would love to see if he can offer some other qualities aswell, because there are people comparing him to essien for example and he just hasn't got all the qualities to match that sort of player..e.g Shooting/Goals,Passing/Assists,Pace etc.. He isn't a very technical player..

None of the above is a criticism before you jump down my throat..I'd just love to see him improve in the other aspects of his game, maybe next season,Then we can get really excited about this guy..

But right now he is doing a superb job for us!

:clap:

Indeed. I can see your spine being Coloccini, Tiote and Carroll for a good few years assuming nothing drastic happens; with Enrique and Barton providing ample quality too.

Add Ben Arfa and Simpson, who I think will become a very good right back.  We're getting close to having a first team that will compete at the top level and will challenge to qualify for Europe in a year or two.

Fucks me off that we even talk about selling our players as soon as they look any good.

It's hypothetical. And IMO it's an interesting gauge of how a player is doing by speculating how much they would command in the current market; no harm done.

Indeed. I can see your spine being Coloccini, Tiote and Carroll for a good few years assuming nothing drastic happens; with Enrique and Barton providing ample quality too.

Add Ben Arfa and Simpson, who I think will become a very good right back.  We're getting close to having a first team that will compete at the top level and will challenge to qualify for Europe in a year or two.

Have to agree with Simpson.

Although this has a lot to do with the lack of alternatives, I really can see him in an England shirt before long, if only for a friendly

Guest Howaythetoon

I loved how he shoved Barton away from the ball at one point as if to say fuck off its mine. Like I said I've not seen a more hungrier player when it comes to wanting to win that ball in a Toon shirt as much as he does.

It rolls on from signing players with resale value.

Resale value or a future rather than a past?

I just want players signed to play for Newcastle, selling good players on does not interest me. Saw that in its peak in the 80's.

I just want players signed to play for Newcastle, selling good players on does not interest me. Saw that in its peak in the 80's.

I agree, I don't think we sign players because they have a resale value I think we've moved away from signing has-beens and we're much better off for that.  I have a pride in most of our players now, I haven't felt like that for years.

Guest sicko2ndbest

How long has it been since we could command over 40 million for two players!

You've cloned Tiote?

........ :fwap:

Obviously referring to Carroll :)

Market value

I would put Carroll at 25+ and Tiote 15+

I agree, I don't think we sign players because they have a resale value I think we've moved away from signing has-beens and we're much better off for that.  I have a pride in most of our players now, I haven't felt like that for years.

Totally agree, I've never agreed with the idea we're becoming a selling club, we're just buying players at the right point in their careers now.

Its always going to happen to us, we get decent players and the press love to link them with a move away.. we are lucky Carroll is a Geordie and does love the club... but for Tiote who knows, I guess a lot will depend on how well we do in the league, what contract he is on and offered from us. There was bound to be interest in him but here he knows if fit he is a first team starter and we also have no idea on him as a person and how much he puts in being a loyal footballer.

And then what offers are made and what profit would make fat Mikes mouth water.

I HOPE HE STAYS FOREVER

Skirge - Which clubs are linked to buying him?

NIN as yet well as far as I have seen BUT I bet within the next week he will be linked with.. Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelski and Spuds. oh and CITEH.

Carroll finds form and is linked with a move away.. the Tiote linking will start soon enough.

NIN as yet well as far as I have seen BUT I bet within the next week he will be linked with.. Liverpool, Man Ure, Chelski and Spuds. oh and CITEH.

Carroll finds form and is linked with a move away.. the Tiote linking will start soon enough.

Our players being linked away is a sign that things are looking up, its now up to us to hold onto them.  Tiote has gone from being a bit part player in Holland to starting every game in the Premiership, he'll be oK with that for now.

The eyes are really sensitive. Maybe he thought he was going blind.....well done for being cautious, Cheick!

I did hear he has been watching recordings of Byker Grove to help him settle in the Toon.. he may have just beeen doing a PJ.