Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest BooBoo

Oh aye, Pardew is spot on when he says he's going to try and help him get less cards. About a third of his bookings are avoidable.

It seems to me that a lot of them are when he loses the ball and then lunges after it to reclaim possession and 9/10 times ends up fouling the player.

I'd play him, we need to buy some acceptable cover anyway for the start of next season. Every position is worth more money and will have the potential of bagging winning or losing an extra couple of million. Its a risk worth taking, we need to be playing are best players

Tiote gave a very exasperated reaction to his booking against Birmingham, and I think he realised its significance. I suspect he knew in advance that it meant it would be his last game this season, though that's obviously not something that Pardew's going to go public with.

He's so involved with the play and puts in so many tackles that he's bound to collect more yellows than most players, but he is also prone to rushes of blood to the head. Opinions differ on the Stevenage sending off, but he seemed very wound up at the situation we were in, and jumped into a dangerous challenge.

Decision to play him should be based on what value we think we can get from improved league positions, and also whether we expect a backup player to be in place for start of next season.

Decision to play him should be based on what value we think we can get from improved league positions, and also whether we expect a backup player to be in place for start of next season.

Well both of those questions are pretty hard to answer - we don't know whether playing Tiote will make any difference to our league position and we probably have no idea whether we'll  be able to design a backup player at this point.

It was pretty heartbreaking watching his reactions on Saturday, he just looked like he was given the news he was about to get killed by Nigerian rebels  :lol:

:lol: :lol: brilliant!  I thought it was quite funny at the same time TBH, he smashed a hole in the middle of the pitch.

I know what you mean though, it was obvious he knew what was coming and I'm sure AP warned him before the match, such a needless booking, didn't look like he touched him, but I was in L7 and he certainly stuck a leg out after losing it.

I accept him getting cards playing defensive midfield for a mid table club, especially when he has someone as unfit as Nolan playing alongside him.  A lot of the time he gets carded because of persistent fouling or he takes one for the team as such (e.g after Campbells fuck up against Liverpool).  But, as others have said, some of his cards are just rash and brainless.  Hopefully now he has adapted to the pace of the game and what constitutes a yellow, he will simmer down a bit.  Glad to see Pardew will be going through his bookings with him.

14 yellow cards in 26 league starts.

Should sit out the rest of the season, give him some time to think about what he's doing.

Maybe we could even make a naughty corner in the dressing room and make him sit in it.

Exactly.

Guest palnese

It was pretty heartbreaking watching his reactions on Saturday, he just looked like he was given the news he was about to get killed by Nigerian rebels  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Actually I was pleased with his exaggerated reaction, it shows at least that he is aware that he has to be careful when going in for tackles and that he is trying to avoid getting cards. Awareness is always the first part of any improvement.

Maybe if we had someone alongside him that is mobile and can control a ball he would get less cards

to be fair though it was his own crap control of the ball that caused him to get his booking against Birmingham.

"Tiote isn't type to hurt anybody one, but will miss Chelsea and West Brom"

Correct decision.

Good to see that we are willing to sacrifice the extra money we might have pulled in for finishing in a higher position for the good of next season's campaign.

"Tiote isn't type to hurt anybody one, but will miss Chelsea and West Brom"

Correct decision.

Good to see that we are willing to sacrifice the extra money we might have pulled in for finishing in a higher position for the good of next season's campaign.

Good job the manager is Ashleys mate :safetywink: