Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest neesy111

It's been like this all season, I've had a go at people for doing it, they say it's just for fun but if you hear shoot then your natural reaction is to shoot.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Will people now stop telling him to f***ing shoot?

This is one of my main gripes with the SJP crowd like, there was people shouting for Krul to shoot yesterday from the half way line ffs  :lol:

Aye that was me :lol:

BANTER

It's been like this all season, I've had a go at people for doing it, they say it's just for fun but if you hear shoot then your natural reaction is to shoot.

:lol: What? Do you play football? If someone tells me to shoot and I'm at the corner flag I'm not gona go yeah alright I fancy this actually

just wish it had fell to anyone bar williamson

Even Simpson?  :p

My body seizes up whenever Simpson receives the ball and it dawns on me that he plans to 'cross' it. I'd prefer it if he didn't dash my almost non-existent hopes and just side-footed it out to touch

:lol: What? Do you play football? If someone tells me to shoot and I'm at the corner flag I'm not gona go yeah alright I fancy this actually

:lol:

Wish Cabaye would get out his way. Let Tiote anchor and Cabaye push up to give him a forward pass. Despite his limited passing ability Tiote always wants to make a forward pass.

Yh its getting to the retarded level of Tiote doing more playmaking than Cabaye ffs  :lol:

Blaming the fans for Tiote taking ridiculous pot shots. :lol: It's clear it was on his mind before the shoot chants. He was attempting it a few times before anyone started shouting for it. The Krul shoot shout was amusing though. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Wish Williamson had shot with that chance late on... just needed a hit.  :fool:

Cost me £200 the bastard(had 2-1 Willo LGS) :lol:

Wish Cabaye would get out his way. Let Tiote anchor and Cabaye push up to give him a forward pass. Despite his limited passing ability Tiote always wants to make a forward pass.

So it's just me then who thinks that Tiote is developing a dangerous habit of doing the famed Scottie Pirouette far too often these days? He's done it a few times in the last couple of games when he had enough space to drive with it forward. I guess it might have something to do with the huge gap between midfield and attack we're complaining about.

So it's just me then who thinks that Tiote is developing a dangerous habit of doing the famed Scottie Pirouette far too often these days? He's done it a few times in the last couple of games when he had enough space to drive with it forward. I guess it might have something to do with the huge gap between midfield and attack we're complaining about.

He always looks for the forward pass and did more "playmaking" than Cabaye against the Mackems like Mole said.

He's actually doing it far less than he used to, not that it was always a bad thing in the first place of course.

This is one of my main gripes with the SJP crowd like, there was people shouting for Krul to shoot yesterday from the half way line ffs  :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I got some strange looks when I shouted to Cabaye and Tiote 'to stop fucking shooting'.  Does seem an odd thing to say I suppose.

I know we needed a goal, but pot shots from 20-30 yards, into a penalty box with 10 players in, isn't always the best option!

:lol: :lol:

I got some strange looks when I shouted to Cabaye and Tiote 'to stop fucking shooting'.  Does seem an odd thing to say I suppose.

I know we needed a goal, but pot shots from 20-30 yards, into a penalty box with 10 players in, isn't always the best option!

:lol: Same. Remember it falling to Tiote twice and just screaming 'PLEASE DON'T SAY SHOOT!!' Was just getting so frustrated. He's fucking terrible at them. Everyone at the Arsenal game literally witnessed a fucking miracle. :lol:

He's actually doing it far less than he used to, not that it was always a bad thing in the first place of course.

Aye, Tiote actually does it far more effectively than Parker imo. Cheik has better strength so 9 times out 10, he would come out on top.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Haven't seen them much at all this season. When he does do it though, unlike Parker, Tiote actually creates space for himself and opens the ball up into a new area. He's generally very good at it and manages to ease a lot of pressure on us.

Tiote: Why move to a big club? I am already at one

CHEICK TIOTE has shrugged off speculation linking him with the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea by stating: “I’m already at a big club.”

The Ivorian midfield enforcer feels that he can end his second season by helping guide the Magpies to a top-six finish in a season in which the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Davide Santon have all shown real promise that this team can stay in the upper echelons of the Premier League.

Tiote is keen to show his best form in the final 11 games of the season, with the trip to Arsenal on Monday night potentially pivotal to their hopes of a place in Europe.

Tiote – who has played two matches since returning from the African Cup of Nations – told the Chronicle: “Newcastle is a big club and we have good players in the squad.

“Even when I was away at the African Cup of Nations knew that we were in good hands. OK, we lost to Tottenham and Fulham but we won other games and we are still sixth.”

The former Anderlecht and FC Twente midfielder could well get offers at the end of the season, but for now he appears happy to look forward to even better times ahead.

Tiote has played his part in helping United climb to a top six spot and made sure that Geordie pride remains intact after helping Newcastle remain unbeaten in the Tyne-Wear derby series.

The 25-year-old – a good example of United’s transfer blueprint of bringing over unpolished gems from the continent and nurturing them on the big stage – said: “I am happy with the way my career is progressing.

“When I was in Africa as a youngster I didn't think it was going to be like this.

“I see myself long-term as a Premier League player.

“I always wanted to play here because it's the best league in the world.”

European qualification would give Tiote’s Toon career a new dimension.

He said: “We are confident that we can do it.

“If we work hard we can finish fifth or sixth but fourth is hard.”

Tiote would love to do it for the supporters who have taken him to their hearts – and also nicknamed him Mr T.

He said: “I am happy to be called Mr T. Everybody knows Mr T is a strong guy and a fighter.

“If they call me that it's because they think I can do the same on the pitch.

“There is a big difference between the fans here and in Holland.

“I have never seen fans like it in Newcastle.

“They are everywhere. Not just at the stadium, in the city and at the training ground. They are amazing.”

Tiote loves life in England and says he was advised to play in the Premier League by close pals and international team-mates Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou.

Tiote said: “Before I came to England I spoke with them about the Premier League.

“They told me I had enough quality to come and play in the Premier League.

“They told me only good things about it.

“And we remain very, very good friends.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/03/08/tiote-why-move-to-a-big-club-i-am-already-at-one-72703-30486877/2/