Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

FA wade in to Tiote race row as Wembley chiefs eye investigation of alleged abuse

The FA have contacted Arsenal and Newcastle over the alleged racial slur directed at Cheick Tiote on Monday night.

A supporter is accused of racially abusing the Newcastle midfielder during Arsenal’s 2-1 Barclays Premier League win.

Sportsmail revealed on Wednesday how the Gunners had opened an internal investigation into the incident.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/15/article-0-12232CB5000005DC-975_468x338.jpg

Target: Tiote (right) was allegedly the subject of racial chants

Arsenal are still trying to identify the accused supporter — but have vowed to ban him and hand him over to the police if found guilty of making the remarks.

But the FA have now stepped in and could launch their own investigation.

Wembley chiefs are liaising with both clubs and will consider the findings before deciding on their course of action.

Arsenal fan arrested over racist abuse of Newcastle midfielder Tiote

A man was arrested on suspicion of a racially-aggravated public-order offence during a Premier League match.

The 29-year-old was held in connection with an alleged incident at Arsenal's match against Newcastle on March 12.

The club carried out an internal investigation following reports that an individual had been caught on Sky Sports' live television coverage of the match at Emirates Stadium abusing Newcastle's Cheick Tiote.

A club statement confirmed: 'Following an incident during our home Premier League match against Newcastle United on Monday March 12, a 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of a racially-aggravated public-order offence.

'The suspect has been interviewed and bailed to return to Islington police station in April.

'Arsenal Football Club would like to take this opportunity to thank the Metropolitan Police Service for their co-operation and swift action in this matter.

'We reiterate that Arsenal Football Club does not tolerate foul language, racist chanting, homophobic chanting or any anti-social behaviour at Emirates Stadium, and we will continue to act with zero tolerance towards any individual found to be acting in an abusive manner.'

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: 'Metropolitan Police officers today arrested a 29-year-old man at an address in Ilford on suspicion of a racially-aggravated public-order offence.

'He was taken to a north London police station where he was subsequently bailed to a date in April.

'The arrest follows an allegation after the Arsenal match against Newcastle at the Emirates stadium on Monday 12 March.'

Guest BooBoo

I'll probably be flamed for this but I think we play much more attractive football when he's out of the side.

Disagree, while he doesn't play more attractive footy, when he's at his best (think he's had a fairly up and down season even just when he's been fit) he frees us up to play better footy and should give us a lot more possession.

Tiote hasn't exactly been the dominating presence he was last season.  He doesn't inspire the same confidence he once did. We could play well with or without him. And  his absence doesn't mean we're going to get run over.

*cough* Tottenham away *cough*

We almost never get run over with him in the team though.

He's seemingly being asked to play a more active role offensively these days, which curbs his effectiveness somewhat imo.

We need him back - badly - and we need him to sit really deep and only focusing at protecting Willo and Perch. He can´t go forward.

Hopefully we will continue with this formation we had against WBA in the coming games and that means Tioté only needs to focusing at the defensive play and let the other players attack.

But I´m worried if he is going to make it. Remember autumn? when he was due to come back for a month or something.

Our versatility sets us a Pard

FLEXIBLE ... Alan Pardew's Newcastle players have shown great versatility

Published: 27th March 2012

ALAN PARDEW hopes Newcastle's versatility will help them qualify for Europe.

1 comment

Related Stories

Pardew searching for more coups

ALAN PARDEW admits he needs to pull some more transfer rabbits out of the hat

Super Goals in a flashIt ain’t Arf hot! Pards hails BenWest Brom 1 Newcastle 3Top 10 Premier League freebies

The Toon boss has been forced to put square pegs in round holes in recent weeks, with winger Jonas Gutierrez filling in at left-back and centre-midfield and James Perch filling in in numerous positions.

But such is the flexibility in Pardew's squad, the Magpies have managed back-to-back wins against Norwich and West Brom and are within touching distance of qualification for the Europa League.

Pardew said: "You have to remember that when you have had success, teams are going to come and nullify you and start working on ways to beat you, and you have got to keep asking different questions.

"Yohan Cabaye and Jonas had different roles last week, and they could have different roles again.

"But their application and attitude to them has been first-class, and that's why Jonas at left-back got man of the match against Norwich, because he attacked the job that was at hand.

"If my players do that and take that as a lesson, then we are going to be okay."

Star midfielder Cheick Tiote was sidelined for the win over the Baggies and has been missing for large parts of the season due to injury and Ivory Coast's African Cup of Nations campaign.

But Pardew reckons the Toon have fared well in Tiote's absence.

He said: "We have won without Cheick for the last two weekends, and we won without him when he was away at the African Nations Cup.

"Actually, since he has come back, we haven't had great results with Cheick.

"I am not saying that as a negative because he is a massive player for us, but we can cope without him."

They are trying hard to sell him... wtf is we can cope with out him when we expect him playing next Sunday?

you'd think we'd make out he's fantastic then instead of "hey we've done better without him" then wouldn't you ?

They are trying hard to sell him... wtf is we can cope with out him when we expect him playing next Sunday?

you'd think we'd make out he's fantastic then instead of "hey we've done better without him" then wouldn't you ?

You would think so.

No way is Tiote good enough for Chelsea..

My comment was about as sarcastic as I could be.  Would hate to see him end up there.  If we finish above them and they are not in the CL next season, I see no reason why he would want to go.

Expecting him to come into the midfield with Jonas shifting to left back.  A midfield 3 of him, Cabaye and Guthrie would be pretty decent I reckon.  Just hope AP sticks with the 4-3-3. 

The thought of another disjointed, clueless, Stoke like 4-4-2 doesn't bare thinking about.

AP just needs to pay a bit more off now, that's all.

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae191/neisied1/giant_rolleyes.gif

It's well documented that he's on a numeration package that includes percentages payable on transfer fee profits.

Pardew said 'He is the lion of our team and like any lion who has been down in the dumps he came back this morning and let everyone know he’s back, let out a few roars, had a couple of scuffles.

'We are better for it. Not everyone was pleased to see him back but as the coaching staff, we smiled, and he managed not to kill anyone so we are ok.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2123080/Alan-Pardew-wants-unleash-Cheik-Tiote-Liverpool.html#ixzz1qeXScUC4

:lol: :lol: