Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest neesy111

Their hasn't been any talk about him for a good while now.  Big clubs would consider him a liability with the way he is presently.

We need to sell this idiot asap, he hasn't had a good game in 10 months imo and is a complete liability when playing this season.  Spoke to Neil a few days ago so it isn't an over reaction to today's event.

Come on man, that's an over reaction. What was he really guilty of yesterday, a bit of over exuberance in a high pressure game. Yes he shouldn't have given the referee the decision to make but ultimately he was on the rough end of a touch and go decision that many believe was a yellow at most.

He isn't a liability, he's one of our greatest assets when on form, his passing is leagues ahead of Perch for starters, never mind the pressure he puts onto opposing players with his intensity. We need to start coaching him about keeping his high pressure style but reigning in the daft challenges, we also need to have a word with him about dicking about with it under pressure, it can be done and that's what you have a coaching team for.

He's a good player with all the right attributes to succeed if he improves, he's also repeatedly underlined his commitment to the cause and signed a long term deal, we should not just sell a player like that at the first opportunity, it's a childish reaction.

Guest icemanblue

We need to sell this idiot asap, he hasn't had a good game in 10 months imo and is a complete liability when playing this season.  Spoke to Neil a few days ago so it isn't an over reaction to today's event.

Come on man, that's an over reaction. What was he really guilty of yesterday, a bit of over exuberance in a high pressure game. Yes he shouldn't have given the referee the decision to make but ultimately he was on the rough end of a touch and go decision that many believe was a yellow at most.

He isn't a liability, he's one of our greatest assets when on form, his passing is leagues ahead of Perch for starters, never mind the pressure he puts onto opposing players with his intensity. We need to start coaching him about keeping his high pressure style but reigning in the daft challenges, we also need to have a word with him about dicking about with it under pressure, it can be done and that's what you have a coaching team for.

He's a good player with all the right attributes to succeed if he improves, he's also repeatedly underlined his commitment to the cause and signed a long term deal, we should not just sell a player like that at the first opportunity, it's a childish reaction.

Amen to that, like. My thoughts exactly.

There's some right bollocks posted in this thread, sell him FFS!!

He needs to knock off the silly little niggles where he picks up cards, when he does this his game will improve even more. Top player.

I've had concerns for a while to be fair, it's a minor miracle he's gone this long without a red card in the league.

Guest neesy111

I agree it was over the top reaction, but we can't go along with him being a key player with him in his current form.

He's been at the club for 2 years, so when is he going to start changing his ways regarding to his aggressive side of his game, the stats about his yellow cards show he isn't learning at all and the way he's started this season it's arguably getting worse.

Hopefully this is a massive wake up call for himself.

He's a good player but somehow has been elevated way above his station within the squad. He came here as a defensive midfielder and has been turned into some all action engine room and labelled a 'warrior'. It's not really his fault but I think he's fallen for the hype himself or is just trying too hard to be what's expected of him.

The coaching team simply need to go back to basics with him (and with a few other things as well), he's not been the same since Pardew's comments a while back about him being much more than just a defensive midfielder.

I think as soon as Anita, Bigi or someone else shows enough to prove that they can play in his role week in week out then we will see Tiote leave tbh.  He is a good player but the aggressiveness in his game is becoming a liability and along side that his style of play is bringing a lot of niggling injuries out too.

The role he plays is a pivotal one in the sense of breaking up the oppositions play and we can't afford to be on tenterhooks after 15 mins when he's got his customary yellow.  I don't necessarily blame him completely either because i think the way that the physical side of football is going is getting silly and the referees are buying into a players "reputation" more and more.

However all that said, the role he plays can be done without what sometimes seems like a uncontrolled aggression from him.

I won't be surprised if by the first game of next year Tiote isn't at NUFC.

It was never a red like, even a yellow was contentious, it's not like he went in with any real force or conviction and lunged at Fletcher in any way.

Idiotic for Pardew to come out and agree with the decision though in any case, as there was certainly a big chance of it being turned around with an appeal.

Guest neesy111

It was never a red like, even a yellow was contentious, it's not like he went in with any real force or conviction and lunged at Fletcher in any way.

Idiotic for Pardew to come out and agree with the decision though in any case, as there was certainly a big chance of it being turned around with an appeal.

:no:

Not a chance that is getting turned over.

Guest neesy111

Also the bloke is an absolute beast on his day, we shouldn't sell the guy because he's just picked up his first league red card in 2 years.

Read the thread, people have had issues with his aggressiveness all season now.

Guest neesy111

Gotta love this reaction of sell him because of his aggression. Don't try and resolve the situation through better coaching or anything, sell him.

Just saw Venkmans, posts on previous page, agree entirely.

What do you think the club has been doing for the last 2 years since he's been here then?

Guest neesy111

There was a massive chance it could have been turned around, it's possibly one of the softest cases of violent conduct I've seen. And he was daft against Nowrich, other than that he's just been the usual Tiote, he's no worse than Cabaye in the nutter stakes.

I don't think there is any chance especially since the media have said it's a red card.  I still think it's 50/50, if a Sunderland player did that to us then quite a few would want a red for it.

Gotta love this reaction of sell him because of his aggression. Don't try and resolve the situation through better coaching or anything, sell him.

Just saw Venkmans, posts on previous page, agree entirely.

What do you think the club has been doing for the last 2 years since he's been here then?

I've no idea, neither do you.

A different ref wouldn't have given a red, but Tiote's got no business keeping his foot in taking a gigantic lunge after the whistle has gone.

He knows he has a reputation, he needs to be more careful. It's as simple as that.

Guest neesy111

While he needs to reign it in you have to take the good with the bad with players like him.

Reminds me of David Batty in that sense.