Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest bimpy474

It does seem he doesn't see it, if he does and persists with playing players so out of form it's mental. It's so detrimental to the team that he needs to sort that out quickly. In fact me saying that shows the flaws that Pardew so obviously has.

We'll see Jonas and Tiote playing poorly and wonder why Pardew keeps playing them. Only when they can't play (through injury or the ACN) has he come out and said they have been struggling. I suppose he's trying to show those players that he has faith in them. Unfortunately for Pardew, while he's showing faith to out of form players the fans think he can't see that those players are out of form. It's also true that because the squad lacks quality depth it's hard to drop good players who aren't performing when their replacements are youngsters with very little game experience.

Agreed, the squad thing is a bit of problem, but to keep playing Jonas in central midfield out of form as he did and keep Bigi on the bench was mental. I know it was only some games but like you say that does highlight the squad numbers problem. But we have also seen Simpson played week in week out no matter how many mistakes and goals he cost us, yet never did he use Perch or as i woud prefer Tav there unless Simpson was injured.

I mean it's not as they could have been any worse. Tbf most managers have a favourite player/s, that the fans can never see what the manager does. My best mate supports Man Utd and can never figure out why Fletcher plays, simple, because Ferguson loves him.

Guest bimpy474

It's a tough one really.

Tbh with Jonas I just think this is the level he will perform at now but I really hope someone quotes this and laughs at me.

Tiote is different, do you rest him and hope the break helps him or does that just make it worse? I can see why we stuck with him because when he plays well he gives us something others can't but at the same time when he has been poor he can be a real detriment.

Tiote form isn't good but for me it's the ridiculous trips and stupid tackles that seem to be a "thick as pig shit" thing from him. That and the amount of daft misplaced passes.

Guest bimpy474

To be fair to AP he hasn't had an abundance of options to replace either with...

That is fair aye, even through my dislike for Pardew i can accept that.

How did he get sent off today when Ivory Coast don't play til tomorrow?

Shows how bad his tackling is.

Good question. Where's this come from? :lol:

The game is tomorrow night, it's live on Eurosport.