Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Aye I thought he looked decent when he came on. He'll never harness his ridiculous attitude off-the-ball, but we could have done with his positive influence earlier in the half. He tried to make things happen.

Poor again in his cameo today. Pass accuracy was disgusting.

Come off it. :lol:

Nah, seriously. A little dramatic perhaps but was disappointed. Didn't think perch was great either, Tiote tried far too many 'cross field balls' that didn't come off.

Check is obviously better at closing out a game or defending a lead than doing anything about the position we were in when he came on. Still yellow streak Pardew bottled it as usual by starting Perch a far inferior player in the first place. Ditto Colo/Taylor instead of Mapou. Normally I would add Marveaux instead of Jonas, but as he was completely invisible when he came on, I'm not sure he's a viable option away from home when we have to defend a lot.

Good to have him back. Not a massive fan but he doesn't cower like Perch.

I'd hardly say Perch cowers. He's limited but he's brave. He didn't jump in the wall today, but it was nothing to do with cowering.

First things he did were to play a quick incisive pass to Sissoko to lead to a half chance, then a fantastic cross field ball just after that. Plus lots of good tackling and pressing. I can only remember one sloppy piece of play when the game was ridiculously stretched in added time, he's just on another level talent wise to Perch.

I think saying Perch cowers is ridiculously harsh though. I don't think he does at all, I just don't think he's very talented (that's talking technically, physically and on-pitch intelligence). His commitment is absolutely fine.

First things he did were to play a quick incisive pass to Sissoko to lead to a half chance, then a fantastic cross field ball just after that. Plus lots of good tackling and pressing. I can only remember one sloppy piece of play when the game was ridiculously stretched in added time, he's just on another level talent wise to Perch.

I think saying Perch cowers is ridiculously harsh though. I don't think he does at all, I just don't think he's very talented (that's talking technically, physically and on-pitch intelligence). His commitment is absolutely fine.

Agreed, the games just overwhelm him. That's what happened last year at WHL, he was overwhelmed and over ran. An overwhelmed Tiote tends to do too much rather than too little.

It´s not a chock though that he was needed today. He will always be rough and I don´t think you should do anything about that. As said. He is a present, and that was really needed today.

He looked good for 5 minutes and awful for the rest, playing like an absolute fucking meathead.  Clattering into players, holding on to the ball for far too long in ways where he could have cost us a goal.  Absolute div of a player at times, it's embarrassing.  And I'd been pining for him to come on today as well.