Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

When he won the ball yesterday and we counter attacked with both Remy and Ben Arfa high up the pitch, but still he ended up shooting one of the worst shot i've seen. Somebody have to tell him just to win the ball and give it to a team mate who are able to create something.

Can I suggest that you all wait till he's put in a good performance in a game which doesn't suit his limited strengths perfectly, not to mention not being an idiot and contributing to us conceding?

But any time he does put in a good performance you're just going to come out with the "well yeah, but that game really suited him so it doesn't count!!!!1" line.

Guest neesy111

Only 1 Trevor in 7 games this season. Worth mentioning now before he adds to it during the derby game.

1 Trevor?

B®ooking.

Tiote was good yesterday but his part in their first can't be overlooked. I don't just mean him sauntering back ahead of the defenders, which is actually almost forgiveable, given he had just sustained a knock. The main part was when he casually gave the ball away in his own half, a minute or so before. Without creating an obvious chance, we had them under the cosh for several minutes prior to his stupid misplaced pass. It's something we do with alarming regularity; we'll have a good spell then make an 'obvious' daft pass or, more frequently, make a needless foul in the middle of the park - alleviating the pressure on the opposition and killing off our momentum. Infuriating.

It's a pity because he was excellent prior to that, contributing in all areas of the pitch. He was particularly unlucky with one incident shortly after we'd scored, where he was adjudged to have fouled Sturridge after snaking his way into the box from the left-wing. It was never a foul and could have created a big chance.

Probably been asked before but why do you always have West Ham avatars Jack?

It's coincidental. I've only had Nolan (in a few different poses) and now Ravel who I love watching.

The future Carlton Cole one will be hard to explain though.

Probably been asked before but why do you always have West Ham avatars Jack?

It's coincidental. I've only had Nolan (in a few different poses) and now Ravel who I love watching.

The future Carlton Cole one will be hard to explain though.

:lol: :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Played well BUT as always he has those dodgy moments in him, silly free kick to concede for their winner, Altidore was going nowhere

Wasn't a free kick. Wrong decision but his and Cabayes reaction to it were dumb. Accept it and get back into position, instead of moaning and get caught out like they did.

Guest bimpy474

About the only one who did himself justice. In fact, that is now two decent displays in a row from him.

Since being Captain........linked i think.

Conned by the referee (who would have guessed it, Lee Probert?!) for the winner and one of the better performers on the day.

Still fucking hate the bloke, and he has a lot more games to play well in before he even begins to edge away from the 'point of no return' I pegged him at after the 7-3 defeat at Arsenal 10 months ago. The last three have been pretty decent though tbf.

Stood up and counted today and took the responsibility of the armband well.  Really looked like he cared and put a good shift in.

I said there was still a good player there, just needed some discipline.  It's not Tiote that needs taken out of the midfield, it's Sissoko.