Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Will be absolutely over the moon if he is turning it around long term. Fair play to him, I thought he was a lost cause.

His last three games have been excellent, back to doing the basics and it works for him.

Will be absolutely over the moon if he is turning it around long term. Fair play to him, I thought he was a lost cause.

That's because you judge him based on his performance according to how he fits into Pardew's team of the day formations. If you look at his qualities beyond Chris Waddle style analysis you'd see a player there who can do a job if it's defined by a manager who knows what he wants.

Been impressed with him the past few games. Is it the responsability of being captain that has sorted him out or has he just evaluated and got back to what he's been doing best. Even super tough Tiote was back last night, when Rodwell fell on his leg I thought it was over for him.

Been impressed with him the past few games. Is it the responsability of being captain that has sorted him out or has he just evaluated and got back to what he's been doing best. Even super tough Tiote was back last night, when Rodwell fell on his leg I thought it was over for him.

Richards? Wasn't it? Not that it matters though.

Great to see the old Tiote coming back, credit to him not giving up.

Very nice to see, his attitude has been first class. He's showing his quality again and for however limited it may be, when utilised correctly, it's very effective.

Captains armband has seen a very big improvement...

The relief of no jail time is working wonders

He was excellent against Cardiff with no armband and thoughts of a prison bum rape hovering though? Maybe he's just quality again.... :undecided:

Guest reefatoon

Captains armband has seen a very big improvement...

The relief of no jail time is working wonders

He was excellent against Cardiff with no armband and thoughts of a prison bum rape hovering though? Maybe he's just quality again.... :undecided:

I am hoping so, an effective Tiote is such an asset.

Doing the simple things again. Receiving the ball and looking to re-distribute quickly. And he's holding up defensively, which is what's needed most. A Cabaye-Tiote-Anita midfield 3 should be chosen against Chelsea.

I'll admit i had given up on him tbh, but since the Cardiff game i don't think he's done that much wrong at all.

Still,  i've noticed him hanging on to the ball a bit too long at times in dangerous areas, but far less than he was before.

An improvement.

We might eventually learn that every player isn't represented truly by their worst ever form and any upturn isn't always temporary/lucky.

Other than the last three matches he's been shit for pretty much two years. Hard to describe such a lengthy period as poor form.