Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He's not a poor footballer IMO, always has a v decent pass completion rate and always looks for the ball. He just had an off spell, as players do

:thup:

As is generally the case in life ofcourse. Not the best idea to be to quick to write off something that has previously shown itself to be capable of a far better standard. Unless its Shola Ameobi obv.

He's certainly contributing defensively this season and fair play to him but overall not in the way I want from a central midfielder. He isn't my type of player and never will be, so get over it. I grew up watching footballers play there. Rob Lee, Hamann, Speed and Dyer. I want players in there who drive the team forward and support the attack when possible.

In fairness to Cheick, his weaknesses aren't exactly negated by the rest of the midfield who create f*** all, with the occasional exception of Cabaye.

if you don't want to be pulled on s***, then don't stalk the forum making absolute declarations about players which turn out to be bollocks

You really aren't too bright, are you? Pull me on whatever you want by all means if it helps fills the void on your oil rig, but I won't repeat myself again, dude. I've explained to you that he isn't my type of CM. I'm surprised and impressed that he's not giving away goals and possession like last season but that's as far as it goes.

:lol:

You never learn any sense of humility Ronaldo, so many times you've been shown to post absolute bollocks on occasion (as we all do) & still you'll continue to wonder around the forum like an "always right forum knight" waving his arrogant sword around at every differing opinion as you have a few posts up. Then you cut yourself & get personal when its pointed out? Sort it out man, proper insecure nonsense.

It must be stupid day for the rubbish section of posters on here, like. I don't have a problem with anyone saying I'm wrong. I do have a problem with anyone saying I'm wrong because I favour a differ approach to football than the nonsense players like Tiote generally facilitate. We all gravitate towards different players and different styles of football.

Ronaldo: 'I don't rate them types of players, get over it'...

Lotus: 'Did you rate Makelele?'...

Ronaldo: 'Yeah'

:spit:

Tiote is far more one-dimensional than Makelele ever was. Doesn't mean he's a bad player by any means, but there's also no inherent contradiction in what Ronaldo said.

It must be stupid day for the rubbish section of posters on here, like. I don't have a problem with anyone saying I'm wrong. I do have a problem with anyone saying I'm wrong because I favour a differ approach to football than the nonsense players like Tiote generally facilitate. We all gravitate towards different players and different styles of football.

Stop cutting yourself, dude.

Some posters really do have a hard-on for you.

Ronaldo: 'I don't rate them types of players, get over it'...

Lotus: 'Did you rate Makelele?'...

Ronaldo: 'Yeah'

:spit:

Tiote is far more one-dimensional than Makelele ever was. Doesn't mean he's a bad player by any means, but there's also no inherent contradiction in what Ronaldo said.

He wasn't like. A much better player sure but he did his job and nothing else. Interceptions. Tackles. Recycle possession, stay in position.

you're great at trying to move the goalposts, you frequently called the guy a poor footballer among many other things allowing nothing for the team and football around him when he was at his absolute worst...now it's about how you favour a certain type/style of footballer

also good attempt to condescend [/b], you really do think you're something man :lol:

By my definition he's a poor CM. I've given this rubbish too much attention now.

We need somebody strong and powerful in midfield. I do agree we are in general poor at creating chances but this is down to not playing our most creative players and also because we don't have a number 10. Cabaye is a good centre midfielder but not particularly good at creating chances either.

Who is that behind them wistfully looking away, reminding me of myself on a football ground as all the talented kids engage in banter and I stand by the side, pretending I'm deep in my thoughts but actually feeling fat.

Guest bimpy474

Who is that behind them wistfully looking away, reminding me of myself on a football ground as all the talented kids engage in banter and I stand by the side, pretending I'm deep in my thoughts but actually feeling fat.

:lol:

Cheick Tiote: We're good enough to qualify for Europe again

22 Jan 2014 07:17

Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote vows to keep up battle for Europa League place

Cheick Tiote has revealed Newcastle United are trying to bury bad memories of last season’s scrap against relegation by delivering European football this season.

Despite being some way off the pace in the battle for Continental competition, Tiote insists the Magpies CAN return to the Europa League at least this term.

The Ivory Coast midfield enforcer - currently with his team-mates in a warm weather training camp in Abu Dhabi - feels the 3-1 win at West Ham at the weekend shows the Magpies mean business this term. Newcastle are still in eighth spot in the Premier League and six points off a potential Europa League place, with sixth being a possible slot in the competition depending on who wins the League or FA Cup.

Now as United prepare to take on Norwich City in their next game, Tiote said: “At the moment we are in a good position.

“We are happy because last year it was not the same.

“Now we can try to win every game.

“If we keep trying that we can gain a Europa League place oreven a Champions League place.

“It is going to be tough because there are a lot of good teams in this league.”

Tiote also says United are using his disallowed goal against Manchester City as motivation to carry the team up the table.

He suggested a siege mentality has kicked in at United.

Tiote added: “What happened against Man City was disappointing but we did not give up.

“We did not get that goal but that is football.

“The referee was the only one on the pitch who thought it was not a goal.

“Since then we have focused on the pitch.

“We had lost four games, but winning against West Ham was massive to win the game.

“Everybody is focused.

“We are doing the right things again. Everybody is happy.”

That feel-good factor showed at Upton Park in the 3-1 win over the Hammers, when Tiote indicated his team-mates were on a mission to prove a point.

He said: “Before the game we were talking together.

“We said we had to come back in the right way. We will try to win every game.

“Everybody is focused and at West Ham we saw that it made the difference.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cheick-tiote-were-good-enough-6536195?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 2 weeks later...