Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Tiote isn't all about protecting. You would think there's some massive gulf in retaining possession between Anita and Tiote but there really isn't. Tiote's other abilities are a lot better than Anita's and that's why I would always play him. Anita can obviously get better but he's a passenger at times and we can't afford that luxury right now. That's when he's asked to be the main man in CM obviously.

I don't know what statistics there are for this, but it seems absolutely clear to me that Anita is much, much better at retaining the ball, moving the ball quickly and moving off the ball than Tiote.

There won't be a "massive gulf" in the stats I guess, because Tiote's pass completion isn't too bad. But Anita does a much better job of those things I mentioned.

Tiote isn't all about protecting. You would think there's some massive gulf in retaining possession between Anita and Tiote but there really isn't. Tiote's other abilities are a lot better than Anita's and that's why I would always play him. Anita can obviously get better but he's a passenger at times and we can't afford that luxury right now. That's when he's asked to be the main man in CM obviously.

I don't know what statistics there are for this, but it seems absolutely clear to me that Anita is much, much better at retaining the ball, moving the ball quickly and moving off the ball than Tiote.

There won't be a "massive gulf" in the stats I guess, because Tiote's pass completion isn't too bad. But Anita does a much better job of those things I mentioned.

Tiote simply gets lot more touches per game than Anita. Pass completion percentage is always similar while Tiote has a lot more attempts. Tiote is also great at tight spaces and has good technique for a defensive minded midifielder. Only thing that lets him down sometimes is that he can get even too confident in possession.

Tiote in the form he's been the past few months is IMO easily one of our most important players.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest palnese

Not his best game today, but he'll never hide and will always give his all, something we desperately lack in our side.

He's our true captain, imo.

Manchester City are considering a summer move for Newcastle's Cheick Tiote.

Manager Manuel Pellegrini wants a top quality defensive midfielder to bolster his squad and has been impressed by Tiote since his arrival in England.

The 27-year-old Ivory Coast star is a fiery character who has drawn admiring glances from the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United since signing from FC Twente in 2010.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2569244/Manuel-Pellegrini-plotting-summer-swoop-Toon-star-Cheick-Tiote-Saints-kid-Josh-Sims-impresses-United-Chelsea-Liverpool-Everton-win-race-Irish-prospect-Stephen-Kinsella-TRANSFER-COLUMN.html

:lol:

Tiote, Krul, Colo, Remy, Debuchy and Ben Arfa potentially gone in the summer ..................................................Aye canny