Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest firetotheworks

His debut, Arsenal away in the same season and Man United 3-0 11/12 stick out as truly excellent performances. His first couple of seasons were mainly great, after that he's been crap with the odd good defensive performance. If he'd stuck to his strengths instead of being Pardewed into Michael Essien (presumably because Pardew thought they both look dead African) he might have been good for a season after that too. It's time to go, but there's no way I'd be getting rid of him until the summer.

I'm going to be honest, not a big fan of his except for a season or two. But man has he shown he's better than the other options we've had in midfield. Here's a hoping the fee mentioned is true, becuase £8m is ridonculous.

Find it a bit ridiculous we would sell him. He's obviously shit at times but I'd still have him over Anita and Colback any time and there's no guarantee Saivet will work out either. Not really interested in the fee

Find it a bit ridiculous we would sell him. He's obviously s*** at times but I'd still have him over Anita and Colback any time and there's no guarantee Saivet will work out either. Not really interested in the fee

£8m. I know it doesn't make a difference with this ownership, but it's still basically £8m + Tiote for Saivet and Shelvey. I think that's pretty decent.

Find it a bit ridiculous we would sell him. He's obviously shit at times but I'd still have him over Anita and Colback any time and there's no guarantee Saivet will work out either. Not really interested in the fee

He's nearly 30 and on big wages and has been pretty shite for some time.

Find it a bit ridiculous we would sell him. He's obviously s*** at times but I'd still have him over Anita and Colback any time and there's no guarantee Saivet will work out either. Not really interested in the fee

£8m. I know it doesn't make a difference with this ownership, but it's still basically £8m + Tiote for Saivet and Shelvey. I think that's pretty decent.

I just don't think we should be risking anything for what although is a decent fee, isn't enough that we absolutely have to sell

I just don't think we should be risking anything for what although is a decent fee, isn't enough that we absolutely have to sell

Man £8m for a benched player. It's excellent piece of business. We brought in Saivet to play same position for half, as well as brought in Shelvey. I'm happy with our midfielders apart from Colback. Need to sell more to China, send them Gouff and Obertan as well.

Tiote while better than Colback/Anita I don't think its all that big a difference tbh, its a decent price and iirc he's wanted to go for a while

Man £8m for a benched player. It's excellent piece of business. We brought in Saivet to play same position for half, as well as brought in Shelvey. I'm happy with our midfielders apart from Colback. Need to sell more to China, send them Gouff and Obertan as well.

I don't care about the money, I'm not Mike Ashley. The two games this season where our midfield have competed well and broken even were the last two games with Tiote playing well, and also Wijnaldum in a central role it has to be said. Saivet only started playing centre midfield this season IIRC and is a risk coming from France anyway. Tiote's decent form probably won't keep up but in the event of an injury or if Saivet doesn't work out I would much prefer Tiote coming in than Colback

Very good money (if the £8m turns out to be anywhere near true) for a 30 year old, way past his best and contributing very little for a long period of time now. He was very, very effective for about a year but unfortunately couldn't (be arsed to?) sustain it. I'm sure him and his wives will love China.

He was such a breath of fresh air when he first came in the team. Finally, after years of having imposters like Nicky Butt and Amdy Faye pretending to protect our back four and control the midfield we had stumbled upon a real enforcer. If it wasn't for his tendency to take silly cautions and his injury proneness he would no doubt have moved on upwards from us a long time ago. Eight million, if true, is probably too good to turn down for this lot considering his age and the fact he hasn't been a dependable performer for some time now, but I can't help but wondering how long before we next have somebody in that position who offers what he is capable of. Hopefully Saivet proves to be that man, or we're taking a hell of a gamble on our survival chances by letting him go mid season while in the drop zone.

Don't understand the money being too good to turn down angle. I find the price irrelevant in our current situation unless its something way too much like £15m. Not like we're going to buy some world beater for the £8m we're getting, even if it is a good price for him. I can see how Charnley and Ashley could think its too good to turn down but not fans

We'd better hope Saivet is every bit as good as we think or we could end up badly regretting this.

He basically needs to be good enough to go straight into the team, forget about needing to adapt to English football. The games are running out and we really can't afford to gamble. Tiote in his last couple of games is showing exactly what we have been missing in central midfield. Saivet has to provide that from the get go because there's no way Colback can do the single DM role.

Normally I would be happy with 8 mil for him, but over the last few games he has shown that he is thr best suited sitting alone in front of a back 4. So would rather keep him till the summer and hope we can flog him then. Colcack-Shelvey would be tragic, i think Anita-Shelvey could work and we know nothing about Saivet, so Tiote-Shelvey would be the best choice for now

He's only had two good games in about the last two years, albeit they have come of late, £8m is good business for him when you take into account his age and injury record.

Jonjo and saivet in, Tiote out is allright for me. Just get rid of jack or anita and get another and I will be singing and dancing...

Nobody wants to sign those 2. Colback might be here for a long time. But Anita will get released for free next year. N

If we are certain Saivet is an upgrade it's a good deal. Someone out on big wages and fee who is injury prone, someone in on smaller wages and fee. If Saivet isn't an upgrade it's a huge bollock I agree.