Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

From The Guardian just now:

Newcastle’s Cheick Tioté agrees personal terms with Shanghai Shenhua

• Midfielder set to complete £8m deal next week

• Ivory Coast international expected to earn £70,000 a week

Colback will definitely play now, McClaren wont have the spine to field two brand new central players at once.

I never understood the logic of signing Colback. A free transfer is only going to be good value if you sell them on. What the fuck are we waiting for? Must worth £2-3m at a push.

Colback will definitely play now, McClaren wont have the spine to field two brand new central players at once.

I never understood the logic of signing Colback. A free transfer is only going to be good value if you sell them on. What the fuck are we waiting for? Must worth £2-3m at a push.

The bloke had the jawdee pashun needed at the time. Mongs placated.

Oh aye, now he's leaving some of you suddenly like him. But a few months ago it was insane to suggest he was better than Colback and Anita-_-

No it wasn't, been saying that for a long time.

Good chunk of change considering his actual realistic value. Makes me feel better about over spending on shelvey and potentially townsend.

Tiote  8m --> 4m

Townsend 12m --> 6m

Shelvey 12m--> 8m

It's a mad mad world.

I will miss the best of him and the beast he once was, but also remember how long ago and rare that consistent form was. At 29 we have done ok. He could have stayed and been possibly useful but life goes on.