Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I thought it didn't matter if it was £4m or £14m these days? I'm not bothered if he stays or goes, he's been replaced.

..by a player with zero experience of our league.  Even for £8mil i thought it was daft selling him considering the position we're in.  £4Mil is just plane crazy.

I thought it didn't matter if it was £4m or £14m these days? I'm not bothered if he stays or goes, he's been replaced.

..by a player with zero experience of our league.  Even for £8mil i thought it was daft selling him considering the position we're in.  £4Mil is just plane crazy.

Zero experience in the league vs mostly shit and always injured.

Zero experience in the league vs mostly s*** and always injured.

Been playing well lately...

Zero experience in the league vs mostly s*** and always injured.

Been playing well lately...

He's played ok, about twice. He's been useless for two years. No experience > 2 years of shite.

Never realized his early promise - too many off-field issues and clearly disenchanted during the past 2 years although nobody could blame him for that after seeing Cabaye and Ba depart for more ambitious clubs. Not enough goals scored for a m/f player and some silly bookings.

Nevertheless, a better player during his early days than Colback will ever be.

Never realized his early promise - too many off-field issues and clearly disenchanted during the past 2 years although nobody could blame him for that after seeing Cabaye and Ba depart for more ambitious clubs. Not enough goals scored for a m/f player and some silly bookings.

I think the silly long contract didn't help too. He had made it on the gravy train for a long time, so no need to keep performances at this peak.

I think the silly long contract didn't help too. He had made it on the gravy train for a long time, so no need to keep performances at this peak.

Another example where the club are always thinking about the balance sheet and potential profit rather than assessing players on an individual basis.  If they end up not being good enough, you can't shift them because of the contract e.g. Gouffran and they end up scarcely playing and going on a free.  If they are good enough, then it can be a case of a lack of incentive to improve.  They should have shorter contracts but under constant review to encourage the players to improve.

Cost us a lot more points than he helped gain, especially in recent seasons.  Injury record isn't great and his on pitch discipline is shocking at times.  Can't pass and can't really shoot.

Not sad to see him go but thanks for the occasional beastly performance and THAT goal.

Another example where the club are always thinking about the balance sheet and potential profit rather than assessing players on an individual basis.  If they end up not being good enough, you can't shift them because of the contract e.g. Gouffran and they end up scarcely playing and going on a free.  If they are good enough, then it can be a case of a lack of incentive to improve.  They should have shorter contracts but under constant review to encourage the players to improve.

It's like paying a lower transfer fee but in cash up front. A player offered 50k per week for 5.5 years vs say 60k per week for 3 years is going to take the one that guarantees the most money.

Fat Ash knows this, he knows cash on the table is an ultimate money saver. Problem is it's only useful when we're signing good players.

Oh aye, now he's leaving some of you suddenly like him. But a few months ago it was insane to suggest he was better than Colback and Anita-_-

Mannnnnn, you're crap [emoji38]

TCD gobbled up the lion's share of Forum Awards for shiteness, but ol' Liam's been quietly making a run to supplant him as the forum's Chief Constable Peddler of Shite.