Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

He seemed to have turned a corner under Rafa. I was hoping he'd stay as I think he has something to offer - definitely more than Colback anyway, although he'd struggle to get a game for Al Jazeera news, let alone Al Jazira.

Seems like a s*** move for him as he still has something to offer to a team looking for a player who could break the opponents play.

Probably wouldn't get that safe or even close elsewhere though.

I remember They had George Weah playing for them back when their league barley had any players from outside, tore the league apart, Abu Dhabi is quite a lush place to live, prefer it over Dubai.

Prefered Al Ain when I was over there.. Like a hint of greenery me

He seemed to have turned a corner under Rafa. I was hoping he'd stay as I think he has something to offer.

Indeed, funny that. Six months back a headline like this would have been good and even a few years overdue. Now I'd be disappointed to see him go.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle-united/latest-nufc-news/rafa-benitez-says-newcastle-close-to-breakthrough-as-cheick-tiote-nears-exit-1-8035537

But the Abu Dhabi side is yet to agree a fee with Newcastle, who rate the 30-year-old in the £30million bracket  :lol:

:lol: true value times about 5? Extracting the Michael or Abstracting the Ashley?

The Paper had a misprint obviously but when LFEE noted they corrected it, it now says £4m, i was expecting it to say £3m if it was just a printing error.

£3-4m would be about right, anymore would mad for him like.

Not that fussed as he can be a bit of liability both in relation to temperament and the occasional hospital pass, and his injury record is poor. I think he would be pretty good in the Championship though. As long he's replaced it's fine by me.

Seems like a shit move for him as he still has something to offer to a team looking for a player who could break the opponents play.

You could have said that about Ba and Pelle  tbh, but with the Chinese league and apparently some Arab leagues, these guys are just looking for the best payday. As long as we are getting decent money, just sell them up and move on.