Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I hate it. Dont think transfers were Rafas strong point at Liverpool either. Keeping players who don't want to be here and having less time to get a replacement due to holding out for silly money. Just get them out FFS

:lol:

Has to be a WUM. It's every fucking post.

I would have thought reading some of the posts on here would suggest there's enough fans with similar views. What d'ya reckon HTT?  O0

FWIW, I do think Tiote's time is up here, but since I've always rated him, and think a motivated Chieck is still our best midfield enforcer, I can understand completely why Rafa won't let him go unless we get a price which makes it worth selling.

I always liked Tiote.  I thought his bad spells were down to injury at times and being asked to do too much at times.  His job should be to win the ball back and then quickly lay it off.  That's it

Aye, was Pardew that tried to turn him into something he's not and ruined his game for a while.  He's quite mobile and never stops running although sometimes his positional play isn't the best.  He's at his best just moving around the midfield breaking it up and laying it off.  Remember that game against Man Utd, that's the role he should be playing for us.

Would be very surprised to see him stay. A player that relies so much on athleticism at his age isn't going to be useful that much longer in the premier league anyway.

Would feel more confident against our rivals in away matches if he stayed though.

Still our best CM by a mile, not surprised Rafa isn't keen on letting him go cheaply.

Why people feel the need to add this at the end of these statements is beyond me. Unless you're around Cabaye's level you're not going to be miles ahead of anyone in our squad. He's marginally our best DM and probably on par with Anita and Shelvey slightly further forward, which is by no means anything to shout about.

Still our best CM by a mile, not surprised Rafa isn't keen on letting him go cheaply.

Why people feel the need to add this at the end of these statements is beyond me. Unless you're around Cabaye's level you're not going to be miles ahead of anyone in our squad. He's marginally our best DM and probably on par with Anita and Shelvey slightly further forward, which is by no means anything to shout about.

Cabaye wasn't miles ahead of our squad whilst here so I agree with you about not inserting "miles ahead" when making such statements  :lol: