Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Sweet jesus, someone should be strung up for that headline.

LOOK LOOK LOOK - SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

Oh wait, it hasn't, sorry about that, at least we can tell the advertisers we got a million hits this month.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,15205_6883191,00.html

From Sky Sports

Red Devils can bounce back from FA Cup disappointment

Paul Merson Posted 18th April 2011

If Manchester United win this game I think they are nailed on to win the Premier League. Though after Arsenal's meltdown against Liverpool, they've probably got one hand on the trophy already.

Victory at St James' Park would put them nine points ahead of Arsenal before the Gunners play Tottenham on Wednesday - and I just don't see Arsene Wenger's side winning at White Hart Lane. United could wrap up the league pretty quickly and win it by a big margin.

I know they lost that big semi-final against Manchester City on Saturday, but I don't think there will be any kind of negative reaction against Newcastle. They are so professional and are packed with players who know how to respond. I think they'll be very, very good on Tuesday night.

Of course, they've also got the massive luxury of having Wayne Rooney back after his two-game ban for swearing and if I was a Newcastle defender I'd be very worried.

I know they lost that big semi-final against Manchester City on Saturday, but I don't think there will be any kind of negative reaction against Newcastle. They are so professional and are packed with players who know how to respond. I think they'll be very, very good on Tuesday night.

It will be very difficult for Newcastle to get a result because I don't think they can follow Man City's defensive game plan. At Wembley, City sat 10 men behind the ball and challenged United to break them down.

It's alright doing that at a neutral ground, but it's hard for Newcastle to do that at home. They'll have 50,000 Geordies wanting them to attack, and if you start attacking Man United they can rip you apart.

If they are to get something, then Cheik Tiote will have to have a blinder. Like Rooney, he's back from a ban and should play in midfield. He has been outstanding for Newcastle this season; he's definitely been their best player.

He signed a new long-term deal in February but I still think Alan Pardew will struggle to hold onto him in the summer.

There aren't many top-drawer holding midfield players out there and the fact he has a lengthy contract won't make a jot of difference if a bigger club comes in.

Going forward, Newcastle could be boosted by the inclusion of Stephen Ireland. He hasn't yet made his debut since joining on loan from Aston Villa because of injury but could be a real asset if he plays on Tuesday night.

When he broke through at Man City, I thought he quickly became their best player. He was an outstanding talent and I really thought he would end up at Arsenal in the long term. He has lost his way since and didn't make any impact at Villa after signing as part of the James Milner deal, but Newcastle could be the platform he needs to fulfil his promise.

If Newcastle finish in mid-table or higher they would have had a blinding season; staying up would have been their main target. They've also made a lorry load of money on Andy Carroll. It's just a shame that Pardew probably won't get to spend it much of it in the summer. If he gets more than £10million, I'd be shocked.

90% of this job is spent lurking. I have now been lurking for 83 minutes at #NUFC training ground, waiting for Cheik Tiote.

Calkuin on Twitter

ObiChrisKenobi will have a good chuckle at this after today's events :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,15205_6883191,00.html

From Sky Sports

Red Devils can bounce back from FA Cup disappointment

Paul Merson Posted 18th April 2011

If Manchester United win this game I think they are nailed on to win the Premier League. Though after Arsenal's meltdown against Liverpool, they've probably got one hand on the trophy already.

Victory at St James' Park would put them nine points ahead of Arsenal before the Gunners play Tottenham on Wednesday - and I just don't see Arsene Wenger's side winning at White Hart Lane. United could wrap up the league pretty quickly and win it by a big margin.

Of course, they've also got the massive luxury of having Wayne Rooney back after his two-game ban for swearing and if I was a Newcastle defender I'd be very worried.

It will be very difficult for Newcastle to get a result because I don't think they can follow Man City's defensive game plan. At Wembley, City sat 10 men behind the ball and challenged United to break them down.

It's alright doing that at a neutral ground, but it's hard for Newcastle to do that at home. They'll have 50,000 Geordies wanting them to attack, and if you start attacking Man United they can rip you apart.

If they are to get something, then Cheik Tiote will have to have a blinder. Like Rooney, he's back from a ban and should play in midfield. He has been outstanding for Newcastle this season; he's definitely been their best player.

He signed a new long-term deal in February but I still think Alan Pardew will struggle to hold onto him in the summer.

There aren't many top-drawer holding midfield players out there and the fact he has a lengthy contract won't make a jot of difference if a bigger club comes in.

Going forward, Newcastle could be boosted by the inclusion of Stephen Ireland. He hasn't yet made his debut since joining on loan from Aston Villa because of injury but could be a real asset if he plays on Tuesday night.

When he broke through at Man City, I thought he quickly became their best player. He was an outstanding talent and I really thought he would end up at Arsenal in the long term. He has lost his way since and didn't make any impact at Villa after signing as part of the James Milner deal, but Newcastle could be the platform he needs to fulfil his promise.

If Newcastle finish in mid-table or higher they would have had a blinding season; staying up would have been their main target. They've also made a lorry load of money on Andy Carroll. It's just a shame that Pardew probably won't get to spend it much of it in the summer. If he gets more than £10million, I'd be shocked.

Paul Merson struggles to tie his own shoelaces, what on earth are you posting this shite for, man?

Guest BooBoo

Merson wears velcros.

Actually reminds me of an incident at work last week where a lass said to a lad who was wearing a shocking pair of velcros in the office- "Velcro fasteners? Oh my God, how cute!"

Totally owned. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

A long term contract will make a difference.  It will make the 'bigger' club pay a very substantial fee.

Btw, if we sell Tiote and Jose in the summer and don't find good replacements I'm out.

Gosling = new signing, perfect replacement for Tiote.

Ferguson= cheap ready made replacement.

Guest BooBoo

Ridiculous to say "if so and so gets sold then I'm out". For Enrique for example it's almost certainly his decision this summer if he stays or goes so it's a bit mad to blame the club if he slings his hook.