Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

'Shaky'?

He looked alrit I thought, calm in the ball and passed it well

Silly fouls, backing off, worse passing than usual.

jeez it must be hard being so negative all the time. Relax, have a wank or sommat

Chelsea fan on my wall, "Good result that! Now can Chelsea have Tiote in the summer.... He's too good for you haha"

For those of our fans who like to pick faults that should be essential reading. Plus Jamie Redknapp having a wank on Sky Sports about him being like a younger Essien. Him, Enrique and Colo are a class above everyone else in the squad for me.

Don't think he was that terrific today, either, tbh.

I dunno, I thought he was great the first half, just quieter in the second half. Some lovely turns and passes, can only remember him missing one pass.

He really wasn't. Obviously in the eyes of some fanboys every time he steps on the pitch he will be epic, amazing, class etc.

He was such things at Wigan, against Arsenal ... the list goes on. If saying he wasn't as good tonight as he usually is, makes me a negative wanker, then so be it.

I dunno, I thought he was great the first half, just quieter in the second half. Some lovely turns and passes, can only remember him missing one pass.

Na, misplaced a good few passes and tracking back wasn't as good as it's been in the past. Still played very well, but he's played much better than this for us, I reckon.

Na, misplaced a good few passes and tracking back wasn't as good as it's been in the past. Still played very well, but he's played much better than this for us, I reckon.

Really? Feels like I didn't see the same performance. Thought he tracked back for Rooney a few times and closed Nani down on the wing for a force a mistake etc.

Agree he's played better, but you could put that down to worse opposition than tonight too.

Chelsea fan on my wall, "Good result that! Now can Chelsea have Tiote in the summer.... He's too good for you haha"

For those of our fans who like to pick faults that should be essential reading. Plus Jamie Redknapp having a wank on Sky Sports about him being like a younger Essien. Him, Enrique and Colo are a class above everyone else in the squad for me.

Tbf, it shouldn't be. That Chelsea fan probably just read the rumours in the paper. 'OMG Tiote linked with us, must be awesome'. And Jamie Redknapp is just a spacker.

Still awesome though. :snod:

He had to more disciplined than usual, looked to me like he'd been told to do a job on Rooney, who's been on fire for the last 6 weeks or so.

In other games he plays higher up and gets his stamp on games with quick passing etc today he just couldn't do that. I was impressed by a quieter and more disciplined but equally effective performance.

For those of our fans who like to pick faults that should be essential reading. Plus Jamie Redknapp having a w*** on Sky Sports about him being like a younger Essien. Him, Enrique and Colo are a class above everyone else in the squad for me.

Tbf, it shouldn't be. That Chelsea fan probably just read the rumours in the paper. 'OMG Tiote linked with us, must be awesome'. And Jamie Redknapp is just a spacker.

French speaking young African and a beast of a midfielder. The one club out of the top 5 or 6 that really need him are Arsenal. If Wenger wants to prove that he hasn't got premature senile dementure he needs to stick in a £20m bid in the summer and see how it goes. I wouldn't enjoy that but it would be revealing to see how it would pan out and how we would play it.....

Redknapp might be a spacker but he was one of the first to recognise Carroll's value early this season and we have since sold him for £35m. He was putting a £15m price tag on Tiote tonight. I'd like to see any of our Newcastle fans who like to nitpick tell us which other player will fetch a higher price.

There was one moment during the game where he looked to attack but remembered his job and stuck on rooney. Man united won the ball back and who was there to win the ball off rooney  but the man, the myth , the tiote.

His English is very good too

one complaint about him tonight....twice he done the scott parker 360turn when he had no need and had a good 20yds to go into. small things on the back of his usual very strong game.

He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder though. If we are going to talk about 20 yards space to go into, shouldn't that have been Guthrie's responsibility?