Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

my mate who works at the airport (god i sound like i should be on RTG) saw Tiote today when he flew back into the country and had a little chat with him and Tiote says he has had the all clear and should be back for the next game.

Like he said fucking 4 weeks ago  :lol:

Guest Wally_McFool

If (more like when) Tiote fucks off in January, will the millions of pounds that were alledgedly "spent" of the Andy Carroll money on Cheick Tiote's wages for his new  6 year contract be freed up again.

Somehow, I think not.

If (more like when) Tiote f***s off in January, will the millions of pounds that were alledgedly "spent" of the Andy Carroll money on Cheick Tiote's wages for his new  6 year contract be freed up again.

Somehow, I think not.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UV6r8YCCdqk/Theyq8Jo-KI/AAAAAAAAESc/3sfb_mF0BXE/s1600/tired.jpg

I don't think anyone above us in the league right now would be interested/have the cash.  Certainly don't think it's a matter of "when not if", in January at least.

Under no delusions however that we would sell. 

Guest Howaythetoon

I fancy Liverpool to offer us £25m for him in Jan and for us to accept. They might face competition from Man Utd and Arsenal mind, although I can't see the Gunners paying anywhere near what it would take for us to sell Tiote.

I fancy Liverpool to offer us £25m for him in Jan and for us to accept. They might face competition from Man Utd and Arsenal mind, although I can't see the Gunners paying anywhere near what it would take for us to sell Tiote.

Willing to stick my neck out and say he won't go in January.

Liverpool have Gerrard coming back soonish(iirc), Henderson, Shelvy, Spearing, Adam + like a bazillion other choices to play in the center. I don't think they'd be interested at the price it would take.  Buying to replace Lucas for a few months, one of which will be missed due to the ACN makes less than no sense so I don't buy that angle either. 

Arsenal might actually be able to use him but like you I can't see as they'd be forking over the cash.

Man City don't need another.  Nor do Chelsea.

Man United need a creator more than a destroyer but more tellingly SAF doesn't buy a whole lot in January and recently came out to say he'd not be doing so -

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Dec/Sir-Alex-unlikely-to-spend-in-January.aspx?pageNo=1

“We have only had maybe four or five signings in my time here in January: Louis Saha, Andy Cole, Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra [and Diego Forlan]. It is not a consistent route for us to buy in January, simply because of all the disadvantages."

Cabaye has gained attention from many opposition fans and no doubt clubs, but is he is top 4 quality? - I think he is, but I wouldn't say he is out right that sort of player at that level right now. I've seen from him some fantastic passing and technique, very accurate. He doesn't waste the ball much. But does he impose himself in a game? Does he grab it by the scruff of the neck? - No, he certainly doesn't. Even Guthrie has looked more imposing. Cabaye is very important to our future, because next to Tiote he has the freedom to show off his passing abilities, and hopefully free kick and shooting abilities more. He looks exposed and less influential without a ball winner/water carrier next to him. I suspect a top 4 side would be looking for someone of same ability but with more steel to their physical side of the game.

I love Tiote, as he is perfect for the Premier League. I don't think he will leave yet, but if we keep showing a lack of ambition or spending he will ask in the summer if big offers keep coming in I think. I don't think a big offer will come in January, I suspect it's paper bollocks or an easy story... for now.

Cabaye has gained attention from many opposition fans and no doubt clubs, but is he is top 4 quality? - I think he is, but I wouldn't say he is out right that sort of player at that level right now. I've seen from him some fantastic passing and technique, very accurate. He doesn't waste the ball much. But does he impose himself in a game? Does he grab it by the scruff of the neck? - No, he certainly doesn't. Even Guthrie has looked more imposing. Cabaye is very important to our future, because next to Tiote he has the freedom to show off his passing abilities, and hopefully free kick and shooting abilities more. He looks exposed and less influential without a ball winner/water carrier next to him. I suspect a top 4 side would be looking for someone of same ability but with more steel to their physical side of the game.

I love Tiote, as he is perfect for the Premier League. I don't think he will leave yet, but if we keep showing a lack of ambition or spending he will ask in the summer if big offers keep coming in I think. I don't think a big offer will come in January, I suspect it's paper bollocks or an easy story... for now.

i still don't think tiote and cabaye have hit it off together yet, tiote hasn;t been what he was last year and cabaye has shown more at lille than he has here. they ought to be a perfect match but as yet they just haven;t been smooth. i hope it's down to their not having a pre season together and it can develop. they are decent enough as is but knwoing what both are capable of there is a possibility of so much more.

With regard to Cabaye....

1. Its his first season and he's adjusting to our game.

2. He is playing in a team with two misfiring wingers. If he had Ginola where Jonas is and Solano where Obertan is Im sure we'd be seeing a much more Robert Lee style performance from him.

Im sure once we get the wings working properly, Cabaye will come into his own.

so still no firm idea of when he'll be back?

was something on the bbc site the other day saying pardew was expecting him and colo back for swansea

where's the liverpool link came from? it's not just because of that article about them wanting to swap carroll for tiote is it? :lol:

Its going to be a fkn horrible month, lets hope Ashley does not go down the sell to buy route but selling Tiote wuold fund our January transfers.

We do sell then he is not serious about a top 7 finish, we need Tiote for that.

@OllieHoltMirror

Hearing more and more rumours about Tiote leaving Newcastle. Would be real shame for Toon fans because he's been real quality.

It'll this time next year we'll be worried about Cabaye going,fully expecting him to be more consistent next season.

That is the plan. NUFC is to serve as a place to develop players with the view to sell them for at least 300% profit.