Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest neesy111

Bigi will start tomorrow and I really don't think we'll miss Tiote. Arguably the most over rated player we've ever had.

I suspect this post won't go down well....

Guest bimpy474

Bigi will start tomorrow and I really don't think we'll miss Tiote. Arguably the most over rated player we've ever had.

I suspect this post won't go down well....

Oh i dunno......:lol:

An on form Tiote for us would be the difference between challenging for top 4 and top 6.

There's the problem. Since his first season he's been unable to show any sort of consistent good form, just a sprinkling of top performances.

An on form Tiote for us would be the difference between challenging for top 4 and top 6.

There's the problem. Since his first season he's been unable to show any sort of consistent good form, just a sprinkling of top performances.

Hardly a liability like some suggest though. So long as he doesnt get sent off in a game, he can do no worse than Bigi, Jonas, Perch or Anita.

:yao: Tiote wouldn't have gave Nolan freedom of the city.

I don't really think Tiote would have made a difference today. He's never consistently tuned in performances at home against the lesser sides.

regardless of whether he's having an 'off game' or not teams rarely have so much space/time in the centre of our half when he's around, it happened a few times today but was more noticeable against the scousers.

missing him badly imo

I don't really think Tiote would have made a difference today. He's never consistently tuned in performances at home against the lesser sides.

Could have used more power in the middle to combat theirs. That Anita-Cabaye partnership was easily out-muscled by Nolan-Diame imo.

Guest neesy111

Even if he had played and well, everyone around him would probably been just as shite.

Otter mate, your posts frighten the life out of me. All the blame goes on our best players like Tiote, Cabaye and Cisse while you defend the bell end who can't manage to make a good footballing side out of one of the most talented squads we've had for years. If the people at the top share your views we are going to see that squad dismantled while the likes of Shola, Ryan Taylor and Obertan become our blue chip players.

He is a huge miss when he's out of the team.  As well as  doing his own job he frees up Cabaye,  they compliment each other perfectly and are an excellent partnership in the middle of the park.  Sadly when Cheik is missing Cabaye plays deeper and we aren't the same team.  Our record when we have those two together is really good and we look a different team.

Tron- I think it's perfectly fair to apportion "some" blame on our senior players who consistently put in poor performances. Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have been, by and large, garbage this season and deserve their arses kicking for it. Those three are pivotal to our team and have shown they can do it in the past but their collective form is not acceptable.

Don't get me wrong I do hold AP culpable as the manager but there's not a single thing wrong saying some of his players are letting him down game after game.