Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Guest firetotheworks

I felt a bit sorry for him, but that doesn't excuse how many times he needlessly got caught in possession. He doesn't deserve any overly negative comments, but he wasn't any kind of redeeming light at all, he was still poor.

Was our best player today, although that wasn't very hard. It was incredibly frustrating though to see him win the ball back and then needlessly turn back into trouble- he seemed to do all the hard work and then give it away so cheaply.

Still, was our best player and naturally struggled with 10 complete cappers around him.

Was our best player today, although that wasn't very hard. It was incredibly frustrating though to see him win the ball back and then needlessly turn back into trouble- he seemed to do all the hard work and then give it away so cheaply.

Still, was our best player and naturally struggled with 10 complete cappers around him.

I'm willing to wager that he does that because there's jack-all movement around him.

I'm also willing to wager that he'd prefer to be sitting with spelks in his arse from the Twente bench than play alongside Puffrie again.

I felt a bit sorry for him, but that doesn't excuse how many times he needlessly got caught in possession. He doesn't deserve any overly negative comments, but he wasn't any kind of redeeming light at all, he was still poor.

He was caught in possession because he had nobody moving and creating the space he was looking for.

Guest firetotheworks

He was caught in possession because he had nobody moving and creating the space he was looking for.

I disagree, I know that was a factor, but there were  few times when he tried one turn too many when it wasn't needed. He's still lush though.

I'm willing to wager that he does that because there's jack-all movement around him.

I'm also willing to wager that he'd prefer to be sitting with spelks in his arse from the Twente bench than play alongside Puffrie again.

Simply awful :lol:

Simply awful :lol:

:snod:

I disagree, I know that was a factor, but there were  few times when he tried one turn too many when it wasn't needed. He's still lush though.

Our movement off the ball was terrible and a lot of the players were struggling to find anybody.

Thats the thing though, Guthrie gets caught in posession because he's s***, Tiote gets caught in possesion because everyone else is s*** :lol:

Tiote for me needs to stop turning into his blindspots too often as he has lost posesion a few times in recent weeks because of it, and eventualy players will cotton on and purposely charge him from behind whenever he wins the ball in the hope he turns the ball towards them. He is absolutely brilliant at what he does, but when we are playing s*** and underpressure like today he is always more likely to be pressured into giving it away cheeply.

Guest Howaythetoon

He needs to stop trying to do too much all on his own and needs to stop fannying on on the ball as there simply isn't the time nor space to do that in this league. If he doesn't he could prove a liability in terms of suspensions and getting caught in possession in the middle of the park which would be a shame given the many many positives he brings to the side and his obvious qualities. When he gets the ball and is still on it within a few seconds I was worrying today that he'd get the ball took off him, run into blind spots or be forced to rush a pass and that's what happened far too many times.

Guest Howaythetoon

He was by far our best player though and we desperately need a runner from midfield alongside him and some movement on the wings. Jonas and Routledge only seem to move when they see space ahead of them. Moving the opposition about opens up space allowing time to make better passes or decisions on the ball etc.

Guest Stephen927

He started off so well that it's easy to forget that he's still new to the English game. He'll eventually learn when to hold onto the ball, and when to distribute it.

He needs to stop trying to do too much all on his own and needs to stop fannying on on the ball as there simply isn't the time nor space to do that in this league.

He's running the midfield himself to be fair. When HBA comes back he will have someone that actually shows for the ball, not scared players like Guthrie and Lil Wayne or a burnt out Jonas.

Guest Tall Striker

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39706000/jpg/_39706737_corrie_hillman203.jpg

:tiote:

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2010/5/4/image-2-for-jack-shepherd-my-10-years-on-corrie-gallery-316019663.jpg