Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

is this kid any good on footy manager thats the question????

He's very good in real life, which is more important I would say. Seriously, whenever I have seen Twente he has stood out as one of their best players. A very strong ball winner who does seem to be able to pass it around a little as well.

Guest jonnyameobi

He's very good in real life, which is more important I would say. Seriously, whenever I have seen Twente he has stood out as one of their best players. A very strong ball winner who does seem to be able to pass it around a little as well.

Hope so mate, ive not seen alot of him, dont really remember a great deal of him from the world cup

I don't think Football Manager is anything to go by, after all Patrick Kluivert was great on there around the time we signed him . . . . . . . . . . .

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/players/player=291329/profile.html

Everything you need to know about the player, the stats are a decent read aswell. 181 passes in 3 games in the World Cup with a 76% pass completion rate.

Tasty.

Thats the kind of stats we should be looking for  . . .

So although not an attacking midfielder he has a lot of energy, is good in the tackle and can pass well? That will help with the attack even if it isn't directly attacking (if that makes sense).

asked about him on a Dutch forum......as to if he"s any good etc

To answer your question: he's a brilliant player. Extremely physically strong and remarkably technically gifted for a man with the build of a wrestler. He's only got one problem: discipline. He's always got a moment in a game where he loses it. Definitely good enough for the premiership though.

Fer is actually a potential candidate for replacing Tiote at Twente! Mind you Feyenoord are in dire financial straits, Twente is not. Twente can afford to hold out for a good offer for Tiote, Feyenoord probably can't for Fer.

You can't really compare Fer and Tiote mind. Tiote is more of a physical midfielder, Fer is more the creative goalscoring type.

To answer your question: he's a brilliant player. Extremely physically strong and remarkably technically gifted for a man with the build of a wrestler. He's only got one problem: discipline. He's always got a moment in a game where he loses it. Definitely good enough for the premiership though.

From a Twente fan, he also said this though:

Well you've got to pay what Twente wants for him first! Our chairman has a bit of reputation in terms of transfer negotiations. You''ll have to pay full whack (6-8 million) and you have to pay it in one go rather than in annual installments (clubs have tried that with us at which our chairman said: Who do they think we are? A bank?")

So maybe it's bollocks.

Stealing my question and answers, ey?

So although not an attacking midfielder he has a lot of energy, is good in the tackle and can pass well? That will help with the attack even if it isn't directly attacking (if that makes sense).

I think we can safely say someone has done their homework on him.

Hope he has signed, just to see people's reactions to Mike Ashley spending money.  :lol:

just becasuse he is spending money, doesn't mean he's spending money, if you get my drift.....wait till sept 1st before making your mind up.