Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if Mike Ashley is thinking he can get over 20m now that he's sold Carroll for so much and wants to invite a bidding war in the summer.

it happens with every player, if enough is offered for him it will be accepted......think ronaldo at man utd or even torres. don't see why we should be exempt.

It's more along the lines of temptation to accept a big fee though, as opposed to having to accept a big fee, or any fee at all for that matter. Yes it happens in football but it's always up to the selling club if they want to sell or not. If a player signs a contract then he should be honouring it until told otherwise.

They should honour it, but they very rarely do, which is why its not really as simple as you're making out.

I think out of every player we have he is the absolute last one I would sell. Transformed our midfield, provides protection in front of our defense, helps retain possession, yada yada - we all know what he does. I shudder to think where we'd be without him.

The bids for Tiote will come regardless of Pardew's mouth. But he acutally got a point: We need to stabilize economically, so we're able to fend of interests from key players. The sale of Carroll puts us half way there. It's no secret that MA has repeatedly told us that because of our debt we must buy players and sell them later with profits to be able to turn the ship around. The same strategy was used by Spurs with success. Combined with the salary cap, it was the  huge profits on Carrick and Berbatov that enabled them to purchase players like Bale. The loss of Carrick hurt them in the short run, but look a them now. And we must acquire this mentality too.

Another important aspect is the fact that we now have the scouting and academy structure in place, which increase the probability of finding a new Tiote or Carroll. This structure was strikingly absent during the days of Fat Fred, resulting in our incapability to replace  key players without paying big money.

Im not surprised that most of the footballing world regard us as a laughing stock.

Why on earth would you make those quotes about a player, it just seems to be inviting bids.

It just gets worse for Newcastle fans, sometimes i just cannot understand what the thought process is.

:undecided:

Makes it even worse when Pardew and co. go on about keeping high earners like Smith, etc... then want to get rid of a young, very good player like Tiote.

I think Smith will hang his boots up this summer. And Pardew doesn't want to get rid of Tiote. He simply says that if an insane offer comes along they have to consider it. It much better that the administration actually prepares us for such an situation than categorically denying that he will be sold and then selling him when the correct bid comes along. His comments may spike an interest around the player, which may be good because it will create a bidding war. One of the reasons why we got so much for Carroll was Tham failed attempt to acquire him.  Redknapp was also kind enough to estimate his value to between £30-40 mill. And we got £40..

I think Titoe only will be sold if we get good money for him. Now we can afford to say no to horrendous offers.

Makes it even worse when Pardew and co. go on about keeping high earners like Smith, etc... then want to get rid of a young, very good player like Tiote.

Oooooh you're going to have to linky to that one.

smith hasn't gone cos he'll not takew the pay cut as he's under contract to about 60k per week and no-one really wants him anyway. used to make me laugh when people would say to just get rid of him as if it was that easy....now it's getting tiresome and i wonder how much those saying have between their ears.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/175311/Alan-Pardew-I-fear-flog-at-Newcastle/

Pardew is keeping his fingers crossed Tiote’s first season at St James’s Park won’t be his last.

“I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem,” said the Toon chief.

"We like to think, certainly I have that ambition, that in two or three years time, if we can sustain our ­status and keep getting the TV ­money invested wisely, that we can hold off that next bid which might be for Cheik in 18 months time or so.

“We have to get ourselves in a ­position to do that because at the moment we’re not and we have to accept that.”

:jesuswept:

That's it Alan. Keep banging on that door...  :crazy2:

Those quotes, absolutely pointless.

Basically invites bids with his first line as has been said, no reason to say that atall regardless of what happens. Hes encouraged it.

They keep trying to put themselves in a position of "oh poor us, all these sides might try and buy our players...what can we possibly do, this isnt our fault in anyway"

Same thing they did with Carroll. Craig basically stated all day nonsense like "this transfer request has caught Newcastle very offguard, Ashley trying his best to fight off bids" Ofcourse it comes out afterwards that this is all complete bs. Its pathetic stuff.

Smacks of "When he goes it's not my fault"

more likely

Whether he's party to it or not he's more or less giving the game away. Until we have enough money all our players are available for the right price and we won't stop them leaving.

I want not to be a negative hung-up-on-Hughton cycnical twat, but when I think of Pardew only one word comes to mind - tool.

Ugh. I became far too attached to the idea of having a likable manager and a likable squad.