Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

The title is appropriate. This goal was truly truly an act of God. The boy has not shown an ounce of goalscoring ability in his entire time at the club, but when that ball came to foot, there was never any doubt about the destination. An absolutely perfect and pristine strike. One of the best I have ever seen. Very good player, Tiote. Hope he can stay for some years.

The title is appropriate. This goal was truly truly an act of God. The boy has not shown an ounce of goalscoring ability in his entire time at the club, but when that ball came to foot, there was never any doubt about the destination. An absolutely perfect and pristine strike. One of the best I have ever seen. Very good player, Tiote. Hope he can stay for some years.

He has hit some howlers in his time, but even before today, I've seen enough of Tiote to suggest he could be really good going forward. It's a tricky one because you wouldn't want him to jeopardise his defensive keeping-things-simple style which is so invaluable and rare, but it helps to have a midfield general who can do both - and I think he's always had it in him. His distribution (even going forward) is underrated IMO.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He has hit some howlers in his time, but even before today, I've seen enough of Tiote to suggest he could be really good going forward. It's a tricky one because you wouldn't want him to jeopardise his defensive keeping-things-simple style which is so invaluable and rare, but it helps to have a midfield general who can do both - and I think he's always had it in him. His distribution (even going forward) is underrated IMO.

Didn't Pardew make some comment ages ago about Tiote, saying he could be a weapon going forward? Sure he did.

Didn't Pardew make some comment ages ago about Tiote, saying he could be a weapon going forward? Sure he did.

Yeah he did say exactly that.

Some of the balls he was playing today when we were going all out were absolutely sensational.