"Sulley Muntari:

Club

Portsmouth: FA Cup: 2008

Internazionale:Supercoppa Italiana: 2008, 2010

Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10

Coppa Italia: 2009–10

UEFA Champions League: 2009–10

FIFA Club World Cup: 2010

Muntari has a list of honours that Tiote can only dream of winning, along with making almost three times as many appearances for his country who have done much better than Tiote's in the World Cup.

Tiote's a very good player, but Muntari's better."

Muntari?! :lol:

Someone needs to show them David May's "honours". :undecided:

Do you realise what you have just written ? Because it is not very nice for colocho...

ok i understand but 6 years is not common, isnt' it ?

Oui. Avant aujourd'hui, je n'avais jamais entendu parler d'un contrat plus long que 5 et un a moitie ans dans la longueur.

Pardonner mon francais.

Let me teach you something in french.

T'un grand pd pour ecrire en francais, arrete avec ca s'il te plait.

Isn't "pd" an insult for a homosexual or something else?   :lol:

According to RTG:

"Sulley Muntari:

Club

Portsmouth: FA Cup: 2008

Internazionale:Supercoppa Italiana: 2008, 2010

Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10

Coppa Italia: 2009–10

UEFA Champions League: 2009–10

FIFA Club World Cup: 2010

Muntari has a list of honours that Tiote can only dream of winning, along with making almost three times as many appearances for his country who have done much better than Tiote's in the World Cup.

Tiote's a very good player, but Muntari's better."

Muntari?! :lol:

Someone needs to show them David May's "honours". :undecided:

Makes me think of a nice trivia... passenger with most titles?

Will look for the appropriate thread.

Some of you are just ridiculous, still whining that Tiote might be off in the summer. The guy's just signed a 6.5 year contract FFS. :D

Of course anything's possible, but do you people get up in the mornings and worry that the sun's going to explode? Or that you're going to get hit by a metiorite? Or that Sunderland will become a nice, attractive place to live?

Sorry, went a bit far with that last comment, that's just utterly bonkers.

ok i understand but 6 years is not common, isnt' it ?

It is not. This club, or rather this owner, is unusually bold when it comes to giving out contracts. We've seen quite a few 5 year + contracts being given out, and also contracts to players who were injured at the time (Gosling, Ben Arfa)

Ashley is a gambler, and I think he's balancing the risks. The risk of putting a young player on a shorter contract is that they may leave for nothing or a reduced fee at an earlier date. The risk of giving him a longer contract is that he may turn out to be not good enough or unfit and yet remain on the payroll. Presumably in this case, Ashley feels that the player is more likely to be willing to be sold rather than hang around without playing.

Who knows, Ashley's calculation may be the right one, and other clubs have got it wrong.

do you people get up in the mornings and worry that the sun's going to explode? Or that you're going to get hit by a metiorite?

Worrying about what will happen in the summer at NUFC with CrAzY Mike & Del Boy running the gaff is not unreasonable imo.

do you people get up in the mornings and worry that the sun's going to explode? Or that you're going to get hit by a metiorite?

Worrying about what will happen in the summer at NUFC with CrAzY Mike & Del Boy running the gaff is not unreasonable imo.

Ashley has fucked up, massively, and isn't popular. Sure. I get it.

But he's poured millions of his own money in whereas Sheppard took millions out through every scam he could find and ran the club into the ground. I know who I'd rather have in charge of the club. Yet Ashely is seen as a massive villain. But he's only guilty of incompetence, not malice, though you'd never believe it reading people's comments on here.

And even though I'm not really mounting a stern defence of him or denying his flaws, I'll probably now get shot down in flames as some kind of Ashley apologist, such is everyone's need to express their hatred of him constantly.

Everyone sees him as a money grabber but he's done exactly the opposite since arriving. Nearly every other club in the land has to break even or they go to the wall, but we run at a loss year after year, the chairman absorbs it and then the fans get outraged and call him a cunt. :lol:

Ashley has f***ed up, massively, and isn't popular. Sure. I get it.

But he's poured millions of his own money in whereas Sheppard took millions out through every scam he could find and ran the club into the ground. I know who I'd rather have in charge of the club. Yet Ashely is seen as a massive villain. But he's only guilty of incompetence, not malice, though you'd never believe it reading people's comments on here.

And even though I'm not really mounting a stern defence of him or denying his flaws, I'll probably now get shot down in flames as some kind of Ashley apologist, such is everyone's need to express their hatred of him constantly.

Everyone sees him as a money grabber but he's done exactly the opposite since arriving. Nearly every other club in the land has to break even or they go to the wall, but we run at a loss year after year, the chairman absorbs it and then the fans get outraged and call him a c***. :lol:

Ignoring the fact he's made some stupid decisions, if I'm honest I'm not sure what to make of him?! Sometimes he seems as though he's got a plan & we're building slowly towards a good future then he goes and does something stupid! I'm reserving any judgement of him until the summer transfer window is over, that's his golden opportunity to see just how ambitious he is.

Maybe the "what a bunch of wankers you all are, thinking he might still leave" brigade should refresh their obviously failing memories, just in case you end up looking silly (nothing personal TT):

Yet some fuking twats thought he'd be off to Spurs first chance. Fuk off.

Don't think anyone was really arguing that, but choose to believe what you want.

This is good news though.

I take it you agreed he'd want to go? Pathetic.

If he leaves it will be for a stupid amount the majority of clubs wouldn't turn down.

We might aswell worry about every single player we have and could potentially sign if we are going to take that mindset.

If he leaves it will be for a stupid amount the majority of clubs wouldn't turn down.

We might aswell worry about every single player we have and could potentially sign if we are going to take that mindset.

Don't worry, I am.

Everybody wanted Carroll to stay. But the money for him makes it possible to buy plenty of solid talents that will secure the long term future of this club. Carroll is good, but he's not better than the combined force of all the players that replace him. That can lead us to Europe.

That's ridiculous, how can you possibly say that when you don't know who those players are yet?

This is good news btw, but if people can't understand others still worrying about losing him in the summer then I despair.

No, it makes you a sad, cynical, negative and pessimistic b****** ...

And you wonder why people have a go? :lol:

Maybe the "what a bunch of wankers you all are, thinking he might still leave" brigade should refresh their obviously failing memories, just in case you end up looking silly (nothing personal TT):

Don't think anyone was really arguing that, but choose to believe what you want.

Who moved to spurs first chance, please refresh my failing memory.

I'm sure that was the exact point you were making at the time. :razz:

I'm sure that was the exact point you were making at the time. :razz:

It was the exact point I was making after earlier exchanges in that or another thread with someone saying they reckon Carroll would be off first offer to Spurs, no questions asked just gone.

Don't worry, I am.

Have you been doing it since you started supporting Newcastle? Have we ever been in a position where we turn down over the top bids for players who make it clear they want to go?

I still don't see us as any different to 17 maybe 18 of the other clubs in the league when it comes to selling players.

Don't worry, I am.

Have you been doing it since you started supporting Newcastle? Have we ever been in a position where we turn down over the top bids for players who make it clear they want to go?

I still don't see us as any different to 17 maybe 18 of the other clubs in the league when it comes to selling players.

I'm still very proud of holding onto Kieron Dyer when Leeds and Man Utd couldn't throw money at us fast enough to try and get him.