Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I'd rather we don't take a chance on him and aggravate an injury and in this game Taylor's inclusion at centre half may be more important.

Links to the big clubs are bound to surface because Tiote's that good and because we have an owner who will always think of the £££££ signs first and the progression of the team second. Sadly I could see him going next summer but it would be criminal to sell any of our key players in January...........oh wait haven't we been here before :lol:

I'd rather we don't take a chance on him and aggravate an injury and in this game Taylor's inclusion at centre half may be more important.

Links to the big clubs are bound to surface because Tiote's that good and because we have an owner who will always think of the £££££ signs first and the progression of the team second. Sadly I could see him going next summer but it would be criminal to sell any of our key players in January...........oh wait haven't we been here before :lol:

Criminal was charging £35m for the hippy. If the same ridiculous amount comes in for Tiote then of course he's gone, any club would sell him for that price, probably less.

The links to 'bigger clubs' were inevitable given his quality. He's one of the very best in the league at what he does especially given he's now back to his best, that's why it's so imperative we keep hold of him. He'a arguably our most important player, protecting the defence and giving us a base on which we can launch our own attacks. Last season he had the strike of being suspended far too much, a year on he seems to have cut back on the bookings, sides will begin to show more interest. We have to hope his lengthy contract and a ridiculous asking price put suitors off, I can't see it though.

that living room is f***ing horrible!

Is that his gaff though ?

That's where his cars are parked in the picture in this thread. Probably rented it like.

Is there not a few houses that look like that along there ? or is that Shola's old house and Tiote rents off Shola?

tbh i maintain i think Tiote lives somewhere else in Jesmond...thats what i want to believe anyway!

he's only moved to Lindisfarne Rd in the last couple of weeks.

this makes sense, havent seen his cars for the past couple of weeks so looks like he has moved out...

Lindisfarne Close is in Jesmond.

re-read what i said, a couple of streets away but still in Jes...

tbh i maintain i think Tiote lives somewhere else in Jesmond...thats what i want to believe anyway!

this makes sense, havent seen his cars for the past couple of weeks so looks like he has moved out...

He's definitely only just moved there, my mate lives next door to him. He was watching Tiote's lass dancing in the kitchen one night last week.

He's definitely only just moved there, my mate lives next door to him. He was watching Tiote's lass dancing in the kitchen one night last week.

:tiote:

Spoke to my mate. Latest on the Lindisfarne Road housing situation is that Tiote's settling in nicely, Shola's moved out and gone to live in Ponteland and apparantly Ben Arfa might rent Shola's house.

And Tiote's lass isn't dancing in the kitchen tonight.

:tiote:

Exactly, made his woman know her place.

Out for tonight.

:(

Where did you read/hear this?  Need him more for the Everton game I reckon, Whelan and Delap are pretty mediocre.  Just a shame, as if Guthrie plays, Cabaye will probably end up sitting a bit deeper and won't dare to push on as much.

Caulkin tweeted that he's out yesterday. Judging from Pardew's comments on Taylor and him - Tioté sounds very unlikely to play. Guthrie might have played well at Blackburn, but it's Cheik's steel we'll miss.

Unless Guthrie comes up with a Brian Kerr/Jamie McClen/Claerence Acuna from the old days and plays a blinder just for the sake of it.