Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

How is this possible?

Does he not have all the requirements for a work permit?

Im unsure what a player need to have to be approved, anyone know?

He's African, man. We probably have to bribe the local witch doctor to get his passport and driving licence.

Ah, thats right, hope we use the same as Martins, we might get a new 18 year old wonderkid in our squad  ;D

Brilliant humour here.

Anyway, I don't see any reason Tiote wouldn't get a work permit. He plays for a highly ranked nation and has been a big fure in the team over the past year. Should get in easily.

He'd get one even if he had no caps, no-one get refused them now, you just have to prove someone else in who is a UK citizen couldn't do the same job in the same circumstances.

Brilliant humour here.

Anyway, I don't see any reason Tiote wouldn't get a work permit. He plays for a highly ranked nation and has been a big fure in the team over the past year. Should get in easily.

He'd get one even if he had no caps, no-one get refused them now, you just have to prove someone else in who is a UK citizen couldn't do the same job in the same circumstances.

I'm not sure of this. Last year Victor Nsofor Obinna was rejected for a work permit despite being a young player who was in and around the Nigerian squad for a few years and contracted to Inter Milan.

Brilliant humour here.

I'm not sure of this. Last year Victor Nsofor Obinna was rejected for a work permit despite being a young player who was in and around the Nigerian squad for a few years and contracted to Inter Milan.

Early forties? O0

How long has Smiff got left?

2 years as well

The longest two years of our lives.

Aye, god forbid we have to see anymore performences like the last one from him. ???

One great performance in three years? Worth every penny tbh :lol:

similar to barton. lets hope thet performance from sunday is a sign of things to come as its unlikely either will be removed from the wage bill any time soon.

Smith will play away games alongside Tiote, in our 4-5-1 formation

i'd still rateher nolan than smith on that basis.

be more like

---------------Harps

Perch----Willi-------Colo-----Jose

---------Smith------Tiote

Rout--------------------------Jonas

----------------Nolan

----------------Carroll

be more like

---------------Harps

----------------Nolan

----------------Carroll

ok then,still rather barton than smith on that basis.

be more like

---------------Harps

----------------Nolan

----------------Carroll

ok then,still rather barton than smith on that basis.

Me too but I think its what Hughton may be thinking about

On the official site the other day, Hughton said that Tiote was coming in to provide competition for Smith's DM role. I'm sure there will be instances when they're both on the pitch at the same time, but based on what Hughton said, it will likely be an either / or on a regular basis.

On the official site the other day, Hughton said that Tiote was coming in to provide competition for Smith's DM role. I'm sure there will be instances when they're both on the pitch at the same time, but based on what Hughton said, it will likely be an either / or on a regular basis.

its the polite way of saying "alan i dont think you are up to it, meet your replacement".

its the polite way of saying "alan i dont think you are up to it, meet your replacement".

Aye "Alan you won't play every game"

wonder if it had anything to do with the way he threw himself about a bit more on Sunday, competition for places is a great thing to have.

Aye "Alan you won't play every game"

wonder if it had anything to do with the way he threw himself about a bit more on Sunday, competition for places is a great thing to have.

i was just thinkling that myself.  ;D

edit, to thinkle.....to think whilst pissing politely.