Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Bit of this sounds alright:

McClaren had set Arsenal a range of problems, collectively with the high tempo maintained by his Twente players and individually for Van Persie. Arsenal's Dutchman found himself shadowed by Cheick Tiote, Twente's stocky anchorman. Tiote made Van Persie's life a misery in the first half, tackling him relentlessly, body-checking him, even executing a Cruyff turn to spirit the ball away from Arsenal's No 11. For an hour, the "Wally with the Brolly'' appeared the "Man with the Plan'', particularly with Tiote man-marking Van Persie so assiduously.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/2555003/Steve-McClarens-FC-Twente-stretch-young-Arsenal-in-Champions-League-Football.html

I doubt Guthrie's going. People are just thinking we need to offload someone to make room for Tiote, which is probably completely untrue.

I wonder how long Guthrie's got on his contract? He's supposed to be one of the lower paid pros so there might be a Steve Taylor situation developing (except Taylor is only low paid in his own head).

I doubt Guthrie's going. People are just thinking we need to offload someone to make room for Tiote, which is probably completely untrue.

I wonder how long Guthrie's got on his contract? He's supposed to be one of the lower paid pros so there might be a Steve Taylor situation developing (except Taylor is only low paid in his own head).

2 years to run.

How long has Smiff got left?

2 years as well

The longest two years of our lives.

Aye, god forbid we have to see anymore performences like the last one from him. ???

One great performance in three years? Worth every penny tbh :lol:

2 years to run.

We won't be looking to sell him but we would get a fee now where we probably won't next year. So I wouldn't rule out him or Smith leaving. 

2 years as well

Aye, god forbid we have to see anymore performences like the last one from him. ???

One great performance in three years? Worth every penny tbh :lol:

Yup. :smug:

I think every nation should be known Internationally by what the nation calls itself tbh.

Do you mean we have to call Japan Nippon, or the real shit 日本国?

Or Saudi Arabia? Al Mamlakah al Arabiyah as Suudiyah, ¨المملكة العربيّة السّعوديّة

If you mean the last one i can no longer go outside Europe, as i don`t know where the fuck i am going ;D

You'd call it Nippon as that would be how its pronounced. Countries would offer their name of country as they want it in all alphabets so it would be pronounced the same way no matter which alphabet it was in.

As Al Mamlakah al Arabiyah as Suudiyah then?

Or call China Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó?

Lets go to Dawlat al-Imārāt al-‘Arabīyah al-Muttaḥidah, its United arab Emirated. :coolsmiley:

Pretty stupid tbf.

They call themselves a short version as well, Al Emarat, which isn't that hard for anyone to say.

Do you call China "The People's Republic of China" or Saudi Arabia "Kingdom of Saudi Arabia" as well? No? Most nations have shortened names as well as the long official one, I for one don't call Norway "The Kingdom of Norway", but that's our official name. Still, most Norwegians call our country "Norge", no? Not "Kongeriket Norge"?

Now, it's not something that could be enforced given just how nudged into our minds the country names are in the languages we know. But not knowing we called China for China, I'd be more than happy to have called them Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó if that's what they were known as. Also, I'd imagine that if any such thing were actually enforced, which sadly it won't be, most nations would have a short version of whatever long name they might have that they would be happy with foreigners calling their nation.

All that said, I never said it should be enforced, because that would be impossible and obviously stupid. I'm just saying I'd prefer it if that were the way things had been done rather than "translating" names in the first place.

Most of this is not relevant.

What we discussed was if we should call it the original name or the international name.

Ok, Dawlat al-Imārāt al-‘Arabīyah al-Muttaḥidah call themselfs Al Emarat, but the rest of us call them United Arab Emirates,or more spesificly Dubay, Abu Dhabi etc.

When UAE people are doing business they call it United Arab Emirates. Its the common name for it.

My point is that these names are well reknown in the english speaking world.

No one call it The People's Republic of China, where do you get the idea i do that?

I dont know what the fuck Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó mean, if its their name for The People's Republic of China, how should i know?

Whats the short name for that ?

Everyone calls it China, everyone know where it is.

Are you annoyed that people here say Norway instead of Norge?

I dont give a shit, its the same country, it changes nothing.

Im not sure, but this seems like a waste of time, why change something that work, and have done for centuries.

Mods, please move this where ever you want, its nothing to do with our new best friend Cheick Tioté =)

I said it wouldn't be viable to change it, just that I thought it should have been that way from the start.

And my point was that the names you had come with were the full names of the countries, not the name used among the common people as "what they call themselves", hence attempting to make fun of my outlandish proposal with something I did not suggest we'd call the countries.

And no, I've been too exposed to English for too long to react to Norway. I'm more than mildly miffed at Noruega and similar shit, mind. Which in turn is my original point, most people tend to be annoyed at their country being translated hence why I thought things should have been different from the get go, as as I've said, it's nothing one can do with it now.

2 years as well

Jesus christ man. Have you not seen him for the last three years? One decent performance in three years is a little dreadful don't you think?

Smith played well for most of the first half of last season imo.

Complete myth.

Myth? It's a myth that I thought he played well at the beginning of last season? I can assure you it's true, I do think that!

Tiote was the one slaughtering Elano at the WC right?

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/838166/GYI0060816382.jpg

http://nieuws-2.nl/nieuwsnl/novum/265/601958.jpg

http://im.htspor.com/2010/06/21/525242_detay.jpg?1277122118

http://estb.msn.com/i/25/E04C12575A82814ABD5E1557174C0.jpg

:snod:

Tiote was the one slaughtering Elano at the WC right?

:thup:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/838166/GYI0060816382.jpg

And he wears number 9. He's the striker we need.

Guest icemanblue

How is this possible?

Does he not have all the requirements for a work permit?

Im unsure what a player need to have to be approved, anyone know?

He's African, man. We probably have to bribe the local witch doctor to get his passport and driving licence.