Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If its say Chelski away I can see it being Smith --Tiote, I am sure if we had signed him for our first game it would have been then two as well.

Barton is much more attack minded a box to box sort of player.

Smith is now more the DCM type and I bet there will be away games where Hughton wants both.

If Hughton plays Smith ahead of Barton he should be sacked.

Smith will only play in the defensive midfield role. Barton should only play as a playmaker as his tackling is atrocious. I can't see how one can play instead of the other, it'll be Barton and Tiote with Smith as a stand in.

Smith will only play in the defensive midfield role. Barton should only play as a playmaker as his tackling is atrocious. I can't see how one can play instead of the other, it'll be Barton and Tiote with Smith as a stand in.

bartons tackling can be attrocious but he reads the game better than smith so intercepts rather than tackles. smith often turns 70-30 (in his favour) into thundering 50-50's that end up as 50-50's 10 yds further away.

If its say Chelski away I can see it being Smith --Tiote, I am sure if we had signed him for our first game it would have been then two as well.

Barton is much more attack minded a box to box sort of player.

Smith is now more the DCM type and I bet there will be away games where Hughton wants both.

smith has never been a DCM as much as a slightly advanced,poorly playing centre half.

bartons tackling can be attrocious but he reads the game better than smith so intercepts rather than tackles. smith often turns 70-30 (in his favour) into thundering 50-50's that end up as 50-50's 10 yds further away.

Yep. Steven Taylor is also bad for doing that, but he's a defender, so he has an excuse.

I agree Smith has no REAL position but h is maybe our best DCM option and that's why Hughton wanted a more suited player IE: Tiote. Its why Tiote play will more than Smith IF he turns out to be as good as we hope or at least better than Smith, but tough away games will see  Hughton play them both.

I agree Smith has no REAL position but h is maybe our best DCM option and that's why Hughton wanted a more suited player IE: Tiote. Its why Tiote play will more than Smith IF he turns out to be as good as we hope or at least better than Smith, but tough away games will see  Hughton play them both.

i'd rather not play a DCM if it means smith, rather two box to boxers than be realistically down to 10 men.

So lets say Tiote turns out to be class and starts every game in CM as a DCM who along side him.. Barton ?

with Nolan as 2nd striker

Déjà vu. But still yes.

:lol: I deleted it from the other thread before you quoited.. was meant to post iti n here

:D

Very harsh on Chrissy. He bought him to be a direct compition for Smith it develop we have a direct players for each postion the other midfield birth will be a direct fight between Barton and Guthri.

Did he arrive on Friday at the airport? Just a random question, because I did so, and I saw some kind of bodyguard/agent who was wearing black sunglasses despite it was around 10 in the morning and raining. Was thinking if that might had something to do with it.

I was probably reading too much into it, though.  :lol:

Dunno if it's been mentioned but in his press conference yesterday Hughton said this wouldn't be through in time for Saturday's game, but things are progressing well and they don't anticipate any problems.

I'm sure your an ITK with all your info ;)

He doesn't train for the risk of injuring team mates, he's just put in cage fed raw meat and prodded by people in our next opponents kits.

;D

Looking forward to see Hughton against Wolves this weekend if he is ready.

After 60 min of war at the pitch, he screams "Unleash the Cheick!!"

The ref is giving him red when entering the pitch, for the other players safety  :frantic:

Guest LJA0210

how has it taken us so long to get a work permit WBA got 1 in 2 days for Odemwingies buts its been almost 2 weeks since we agreed terms with lad?????