Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Just realised that Tiote, Cisse and Pardew were rocking the Walker Activity Dome yesterday. Gutted I missed that. :lol:

Walker Activity Dome???? wtf??? Is that The Lightfoot by any chance?

Aye, the Lightfoot Centre, it's got new all weather pitches outside where the old courts were now. Looks brilliant, ashamed to say I haven't tested them out despite living so close. They've just secured some funding from the Premier League for more improvements to be made to the old hall and the dome.

I'm a bit surprised at the comments on Fellaini. He gets very involved in all areas of the pitch, and particularly in aerial battles, so he's bound to give away a number of free kicks. But the dirtiest player in the league?

I don't think it's easy for the truly dirty (ie malicious) player to function now, with refs being stricter and cameras all over the place picking up incidents after the game. But two players spring to mind who consistently seem to go in deliberately late - Cattermole (numero uno) and - yes - Tiote.

PS - I havent' made a detailed study of every player in the Premiership, so no doubt people can come up with other names. But I do think there's an aspect of Tiote's game that he needs to cut out.

Guest firetotheworks

I would have guessed it was Fellaini, I thought it was obvious. He's a cracking player, but he's a really nasty, niggly bastard.

I would have guessed it was Fellaini, I thought it was obvious. He's a cracking player, but he's a really nasty, niggly b******.

He is a niggly bastard but one who is unlikely to ever cause serious harm to anyone, same as Tiote really. Fellaini is all about flailing arms which are horrible to deal with and he deserves punishment for it but he's never going to keep players out for a long time. Equally, I can't remember Tiote ever seriously injuring anyone, am I being a biased twat here? Most of his cards are for the stupid shit, not 'bad' challenges, mainly just hauling people down one too many times in nothing positions and such like. Yeah, he needs to change his game but I don't think he's as dirty as some make out

I would have guessed it was Fellaini, I thought it was obvious. He's a cracking player, but he's a really nasty, niggly b******.

He is a niggly b****** but one who is unlikely to ever cause serious harm to anyone, same as Tiote really. Fellaini is all about flailing arms which are horrible to deal with and he deserves punishment for it but he's never going to keep players out for a long time. Equally, I can't remember Tiote ever seriously injuring anyone, am I being a biased t*** here? Most of his cards are for the stupid s***, not 'bad' challenges, mainly just hauling people down one too many times in nothing positions and such like. Yeah, he needs to change his game but I don't think he's as dirty as some make out

I don't think you are being biased at all. I spoke to a die hard West Brom the other day who didn't think Tiote was a violent player. Who also felt the red in the Derby was completely wrong. I agree with you too but i'm probably a biased twat. He makes a lot of professional fouls and little trips. He tends to catch players rather than clean them out. Though you could argue this makes him dirty.  He didn't do himself many favours with his cameo at Norwich though. That being said, Cabaye is way ahead of him in the dangerous tackle stakes.

I'm a bit surprised at the comments on Fellaini. He gets very involved in all areas of the pitch, and particularly in aerial battles, so he's bound to give away a number of free kicks. But the dirtiest player in the league?

I don't think it's easy for the truly dirty (ie malicious) player to function now, with refs being stricter and cameras all over the place picking up incidents after the game. But two players spring to mind who consistently seem to go in deliberately late - Cattermole (numero uno) and - yes - Tiote.

PS - I havent' made a detailed study of every player in the Premiership, so no doubt people can come up with other names. But I do think there's an aspect of Tiote's game that he needs to cut out.

You think Tiote is dirtier than Fellaini?

Fellaini is constantly throwing elbows about, having little niggles and kicks at players and generally acting a cunt. He does it all the time - should have been sent off against Wigan the other week. Very good player but a nasty twat, far worse than Tiote who's fouls are always a byproduct of his rash/all action style of play rather than being deliberately a spiky cunt.

Agree with Sewelly.  Do people not watch Felliani or something?  I remember in his first season there were about 4 or 5 instances where he elbowed someone or swung an elbow.  Kicked out at someone in frustration in the WBA game a few weeks back and all.  Didn't see the Wigan incident, but not surprised to hear about it.