Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

The tackle is so late it was actually from last years ACN

:lol: I say it's a premonition and I'm in on a forum bet.

He's 5th choice behind Cabs Anita Marv and Bigi in the midfield 3 for me.

I know it's a bit knee jerk on the back of some promising performances for Bigi, but I'd go with this based on current form. IMO it's down to Tiote to win his first XI spot back when he's finished at ACON.

I wouldn't mind if he got the odd sending off while enforcing someone like Suarez. The problem is he dies a slow death of pointless bookings for nothing challenges.

Got to agree with this, silly pathetic bookings which don't need to be made.

Which form? He's had more bad games than good games. Which is the real Tiote?

The one that destroyed the league the two first seasons. With the right coaching I´m sure he still has it. But at the same time I still think that with him you will always get the stupid cards.

Disagree. He's been bad this season. He was exceptional when he played for a big chunk of last season as well. When we went to the Emirates and Stamford Bridge during the spring he was a beast. Had a few sloppy games when he came back from injuries/suspensions. As soon as he got going he was on 10/11-form.

This season has been garbage though. I don't for one second believe this to be the "real Tioté". It's probably a confidence thing like with many of our other under-performers.

Which is the real Newcastle?

Which is the real Pardew?

Which is the real Cisse?

Rinse

Repeat

Wouldnt it be great if all our players played brilliantly all of the time. So simple...

He fundamentally changed us when he arrived and looked absolutely unreal initially. You have to hope he can get back to that level with some form of consistency.

I wonder how much of his decline is down to the fact that he's got no competition?

Also, after that initial impact, do we now expect more of him having erased the Nicky Butt era to the backs of our minds?

I personally thought our better performances last season was Guthrie-Cabaye rather than Tiote-Cabaye, of course there are exceptions like the 3-0 against Man Yoo but in the main i felt we performed better with Guthrie-Cabaye and he's not as important as some think.

He was great in his first season but since then his performances have been inconsistent to say the least and i think some have overstated how good he is because of the garbage we had before hand.

If we bought this Sissoko in this window i wouldn't bat an eyelid if we sold him.

I personally thought our better performances last season was Guthrie-Cabaye rather than Tiote-Cabaye, of course there are exceptions like the 3-0 against Man Yoo but in the main i felt we performed better with Guthrie-Cabaye and he's not as important as some think.

He was great in his first season but since then his performances have been inconsistent to say the least and i think some have overstated how good he is because of the garbage we had before hand.

If we bought this Sissoko in this window i wouldn't bat an eyelid if we sold him.

:thup:

A Cabaye-Sissoko-Anita midfield looks quite nice.

:thup:

A Cabaye-Sissoko-Anita midfield looks quite nice.

:frantic:

I think players might have worked him out a little - for example, he tends to turn the same way when he has an opponent behind him.  First season that worked fine but has had diminishing returns ever since.

Undisputedly though, an in-form Tiote is quality player.  Absolutely no doubt about that.