Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Poor again in his cameo today. Pass accuracy was disgusting.

Come off it. :lol:

First things he did were to play a quick incisive pass to Sissoko to lead to a half chance, then a fantastic cross field ball just after that. Plus lots of good tackling and pressing. I can only remember one sloppy piece of play when the game was ridiculously stretched in added time, he's just on another level talent wise to Perch.

I think saying Perch cowers is ridiculously harsh though. I don't think he does at all, I just don't think he's very talented (that's talking technically, physically and on-pitch intelligence). His commitment is absolutely fine.

Agree with Sewelly's assessment of his cameo (although my video feed deteriorated towards the end of the match). Feel like I'm watching a different game to other people sometimes when I read the forum :lol: I really wanted him to start today because he has historically been really good at stymieing Bale. Other players seem to duck out of confronting Bale when he's running at them full pelt, but Tiote stands up to him pretty well. The game was insanely stretched/a mess at the end from what I saw though - so maybe people saw weaknesses/bad points there.

I'm the opposite then Tayor, I usually give him more slack than most but thought he was excellent for 5 minutes then absolutely disgustingly bad. :lol:

It's getting to the point where I think he's one of the most brainless players to have ever pulled on the shirt.

He is mental, he has not one iota of sense.

:lol: It's true like - he had that mad grin on his face as he was waiting to come on - you just knew he was thinking "I can't wait to get on there and fuck shit up" then within minutes he's sitting on Dembele then chucking random karate kicks around.

It's down to Pardew to mould him back into the player we need tbh. The guy runs about like his life depends on it and is far too reckless. The shooting thing is beyond daft. We've got plenty of ball-playing talent in the side now, he doesn't need to fanny about like that.

Guest firetotheworks

He needs to stick on some Marvin Gaye and CTFO like. He's playing up to his reputation and it's a bit of a pantomime now.

Said it a few times now but our bigging him up as football's Chuck Norris does him no good. The team/manager/coaches make out it's some huge positive that everyone is scared of him (even in training ffs!) it's no surprise he comes on and plays like a fucking mental!

We need to get him out of that mentality because he seems to think his job is to go round kicking people out of games but he is far better than that, I don't like the fact we seem to be moulding him into a Cattermole type.

Said it a few times now but our bigging him up as football's Chuck Norris does him no good. The team/manager/coaches make out it's some huge positive that everyone is scared of him (even in training ffs!) it's no surprise he comes on and plays like a f***ing mental!

We need to get him out of that mentality because he seems to think his job is to go round kicking people out of games but he is far better than that, I don't like the fact we seem to be moulding him into a Cattermole type.

I don't think he is far better than that. He's a destroyer, and always will be.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130210/tiotes-cheicked-back-in_2281670_3070493

"It was nice to be back because I was away for one month but now I am back and I have to do my best to help the team," he told nufc.co.uk.

"The squad has changed since I have been away and it was good for us to sign some new players because now we have much more strength in the squad and more balance as well. That can only be a good thing.

"I cannot just come straight back in. The team have been doing well while I was away and got a couple of really good wins.

"All that matters is the team, not who is playing. If we are winning games then you cannot expect to just come back and play from the start."

Fair play.