Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I disagree.  A game against Stoke is where we need players with vision and movement in midfield. 

We need that every game, same as we need a hard tackling game breaking player in CM, a lot underestimate the effect Tiote has when he is in form..

Thought he was decent again today. If he's going to miss a game through suspension then Stoke at home is probably not a bad choice.

Aye, we will miss him but Stoke at home isn't a bad game for that. I would move Anita to DM, Sissoko to Anita's role and unleash HBA on the right.

I disagree.  A game against Stoke is where we need players with vision and movement in midfield. 

It's the sort of game where he'd usually charge around like a bull in a china shop giving away silly fouls.

Nobody offers the same movement that Tiote does, he's always available for a pass. We will miss him no matter who we play against.

Good performance. Shame he's missing the next game due to a yellow that was laughable.

86/100 passes successful and most of the unsuccessful ones were long balls. Feel like his possession play is hugely underrated here. Anita was 50/59 and Cabaye 45/55.

He was too good a player from his first season to have suddenly turned shit overnight. Yes he lost his way a bit, but he was still a lot better than people gave him credit for. I don't like Pards, but to give him his due, he stuck by him.

A few times I saw him go to leftback each time Santon went on his ridiculous runs. Was really pleased Pardew has given instructions to let Santon do whatever he wants (will likely come off sooner than later), and to have cover when he does so from midfield.

May not be the worst time to get the yellow. We'd rather be on the front foot against Stoke and we definitely need him more against Arsenal.  I know it would be best for him to play in both but he could easily have got the yellow against Stoke instead and missed the Arsenal game.

Oh and just wanted to say he was great today, but there was one moment first half where he let someone ghost past him and then just completely stopped. What followed was their best chance in the first half and led to a little 5 minute spell of pressure from them.

Not a big deal as the good far out weighs the bad but don't like to see that sort of thing. Thought he might be injured the way he totally gave up tracking him.

Despite getting another yellow today, it's nice to see him not diving in to tackles, you could see him trying to hold back in the tackle which got him booked today but momentum meant he couldn't stop and made contact. Anita is a beast for tracking down the man without diving in, the amount of times he has manoeuvred  the person from a dangerous position to wide position shouldn't be under looked when teams hit us on the break and other players are tracking back.