Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Do we leave him out because hes not good enough, or is it due to him wishing to leave for the past 18 months but nobody has managed to sign him.

Its a bit strange her was one of our best midfield players once upon a time.

I thought he was very good in the unbeaten run towards the end of last season.

Think he would do well in this league personally, was one of the better players in our unbeaten run before relegation and is head and shoulders above Colback, would have Tiote in and give Hayden more license to get forward (hes looked effective doing so at times this season) and keep Diame behind Gayle, because he isn't going to go 4-4-2, no matter how many times people say it.

Lack creativity, bring in Tiote. Sounds like a flawless plan.

He's bloody better than Colback... that was my point!

He isn't really, and that's coming from someone who hates Colback. Tiote is a liability, whereas Colback is just shite, but he's shown that this league is about his level.

Plus playing a midfield two of Hayden and Tiote sounds grim as fuck

Lack creativity, bring in Tiote. Sounds like a flawless plan.

He's bloody better than Colback... that was my point!

He isn't really, and that's coming from someone who hates Colback. Tiote is a liability, whereas Colback is just shite, but he's shown that this league is about his level.

Plus playing a midfield two of Hayden and Tiote sounds grim as fuck

How is he a liability and how is it worse, better or different from "just shite"?

Tiote was good the back end of last season but he'd be pointless in the Championship

He would provide more cover to the defence than Colback or Hayden do, not really sure how that's pointless considering the amount of times Sheff Wed played it through the middle with ease on Monday.

I'd also like to keep my username.

Tiote was good the back end of last season but he'd be pointless in the Championship

He would provide more cover to the defence than Colback or Hayden do, not really sure how that's pointless considering the amount of times Sheff Wed played it through the middle with ease on Monday.

Didn't see the last game but I just think we have so much possession in most games it'd be pointless to have a player like Tiote in there

Didn't see the last game but I just think we have so much possession in most games it'd be pointless to have a player like Tiote in there

Would agree and in a perfect world I don't want him here but when your best CM is out and one of the alternatives is Colback, we might as well use him.

Would agree and in a perfect world I don't want him here but when your best CM is out and one of the alternatives is Colback, we might as well use him.

I agree now mate :lol:

He's prone to the odd moment himself, but at least at some point in his Newcastle career he's played well and contributed to the team. I can't recall a time other than that defelected goal against Liverpool last season, where I could say the same about Colback. Really must have upset Rafa to not be getting a look in right now.